what would you do if you are found by vampires~13.2

Recap from part 13.1

"Come on, let's head over to the food. I understand that you and Gavin haven't been out of his room for quite a while, and you two didn't ask for food, so I think you might be famished," the Queen guided me to the food area by tugging onto my arm and slightly pulling me towards the area. I've always thought Queens would be vain, or stern, or something like that, but I guess I'm wrong. I didn't expect the King to be so stern though. Kings I've read in fairy tale stories are friendly and kind. But Gavin's dad...might give him a hard time and I don't even know what's happening. "Erm, your highness, erm, is Gavin going to be fine?" I expressed my concerns worriedly.

Part 13.2

"Don't worry, my dear, and you may call me 'mum' like what I said just now. The worst his father could do is to disallow him to marry you. Which also means Gavin might die, followed by the whole kingdom, because Gavin is the only hope left in our family. We don't pass the throne to our relatives, because Kalirona trusts us to not pass it to anyone except those in my family. So this means that one day, you'll be Queen too. I suppose Gavin told you about some of the rules of marriage in our world? Also known as the world of vampires."

"Do you mean the rule about being tied to the marriage?" I blinked, trying to remember what Gavin had told me just a few days ago. "The one which has something to do with life and death?"

'Mum' smiled. "Looks like he have already told you about the most important rule. It can be proved true though, so if you value both your lives, it's a good idea to go along with the wedding. No matter how your marriage might turn out, I will always be in your side. If Gavin ever strays, I swear I would give him a piece of my mind on your behalf."

"Well said! I will give him a piece of my mind too!" Someone beautiful and young joined us. She looked to be about twenty five years old and wore a black miniskirt and black t-shirt with the words 'Try fucking with me and I'll rape you apart'. Her long hair decorated her face with loose and glossy curls. Her eyes...looked like Gavin's. Now the question finally submerged in my head. Who the hell is she?

The woman gave me a warm smile. "Pleased to meet you, my future granddaughter-in-law, or so I've heard. M'name's Kalirona."

Gavin's grandmother...is her?! I was expecting a wise old woman filled with signs of old age on her skin, then I get my future grandmother-in-law as an 'old woman' who wears a miniskirt and a shirt with the word 'fuck'? Not to mention, now I realized that she was wearing thigh high boots and when she talked, I caught a glimpse of something shiny on her tongue.

Tongue piercing, huh? If it were other old folks, they would surely shake their heads at her and make sure that they taught her how to be an old grandmother who should continue following the old-fashioned rules rather than having tongue piercings and doing all the wild things that teenagers do nowadays. So...what do I call her? Grandma? Queen Kalirona?

"I know your name's Angeline, dear, you may call me mum too. I don't want to face the fact that I'm old yet. For the time being, I want to relish in the fact that there's another young girl calling me mum. It's been quite a long time since someone as young as you called me 'mum'," Kalirona smiled excitedly at me. "Go on, call me mum. As a first tryout. I want to know how it feels again after so many years." Her smiled widened.

Feeling kind of uneasy in my stomach, I called her mum. Her reaction shocked me a lot. The word 'mum' barely left my lips and she skipped about squealing "I feel young! Younger than I've been these few years!" Gavin's mum and I gaped at her boldness. We were in a ballroom full of both insiders and outsiders and she let her guard down. No matter how young she looked or felt, she is of a high position and shouldn't be embarrassing herself by doing this.

Now I've got two 'mums'. What's going to happen next?

I was glad I asked myself that question, because at that moment, the familiar feel of hands on mine which is pulling my hands backwards notified me that Gavin had joined us without looking to see whether it's true or not.

"Did you have fun, baby?" His warm breath tickled my ear. I turned to face him, then surprised him by kissing him on his cheek.

"Yes. What did your father say to you?" I asked him. He shifted uncomfortably slightly.

"What's the matter, Gavin?" I got more and more worried as each second dragged on.

"Do you really want to know? Regardless of what might happen?" He appeared resigned and tired.

Something flashed around us. Then, when everything looked as it had been a while ago, except there's two more people who joined us in our little conversation.

"What did your father say?" Kalirona demanded. "If he's up to his usual muddledness then I'm going to knock his head hard for real. Knock it harder than I had when he nearly made the wrong decision during his test."

"Yup, what did your father say to you?" Mum (Gavin's) asked eagerly.

Gavin let out a long breath. "Well, if you all want to know, then come over to my room after the party. I'll let you listen to your fill."

I hugged him. "Baby? Don't be upset about what your father said. We'll sort it out together, okay?"

He gave a nod, closed his eyes, for a moment, and after his few seconds of peace he opened his eyes and smiled. "You're so beautiful," he complimented.

I grinned heartily. "You're handsome too, my prince."

We burst out laughing.

"Let's have some fun so as to not waste this party." He looped my hands around his arm.

----------------------------------------------------------------- 

okay, I've finally posted this part. whoppee!!! please comment and vote if you like it! :D thanks for reading! :D