Chapter One: The House

The breeze in early summer has become warmer, yet there is still a soft chill that passes by you. It's a nostalgic sensation, where your happy days in summer will start to begin. But not in this case, Alex, the young boy who sits in the back seat was in a unhappy mood with how things ended in his family. His parents divorcing, his older brother getting ready for college, everything just seemed to be falling apart, at least in his eyes it was all a disaster. Alex looked out the window, staring at the strange trees, at the strange homes and at the strange new sky; this new place was all strange to this young lad. Yet he couldn't do anything to change the situation, all he could do was place a fake smile, and say 'It's all right, I'm fine.' For being a young teen, he sure felt incapable to do anything, to start anything or to fix anything.

       The time was getting closer as his father drove into a large driveway, he looked to the side to try to get a better look at this place, and he was a bit... No very surprised at this new home he was about to live in. This place was close to a mansion, it's strange to be even living in such a place. But if he remembers correctly, a few days ago his father mentioned something about a heritage. "Hey dad, is this the house..." "Oh yes it is, this is the mansion that my father inherited before me but never decided to come here, so the next person to inherit this place is me. Pretty cool huh, and it seems to be paid for as well, so you both don't have to worry about anything." "Ugh, doesn't this also mean we have to fix the damages and clean up this place?" "Hahaha! Not necessarily I can always hire some maids." Alex got closer to the front to look at his father. " Maids still exist in this time and era?" "Ohh, they really do and they're half naked too!" "... Aren't you talking about that porn site...?" Their father hits Oliver right on the head. "Don't teach your brother improper things." "Ohhhh common, he's 14, don't you think it's kind of odd that he doesn't really show any interest in women?" Alex sits back to unbuckle his seatbelt. "Idiot, just because I'm not a horny bastard like you doesn't mean I have no interest in women." By this time his father had stopped the car into parking mode, Alex took this chance to just walk right out of the car. Meanwhile Oliver just shook his head, "That kid, he's such a late boomer." "Oliver, your already an adult, you should act like it." "Hm, just because I start college tomorrow doesn't mean I'm fully an adult." He took off his own seatbelt and came out of the car, following his little brother. As he neared Alex he saw him looking intently at the wooden door, almost like he was taking pictures with his eyes. "Why are you staring at the door? Scared to go in?" Alex looked back at him with a frown looking face then looked away. "No." He reached for the door and tried to open it, yet it looked like he was struggling to open the large door, Oliver stood there trying so hard not to laugh at his late bloomer sibling. But he walked over and tried to help him out, yet even he couldn't open the door. So they both stopped and stared at each other, "Alex..." "Yea..." "This door won't open..." "No really...?" Their father approached towards the door, and he took out a large key and opened the door; the two boys felt very stupid afterwards that they even looked away from each other not saying a word. As soon as they all entered the three males looked around mesmerized by how clean and new it looked from the inside. "Dad... did you already...?" "No I haven't called anyone or did anything." They all stood there surprised, inside there was a large chandelier on the ceiling, and many fancy candles on both sides of the walls, there was also a large twirling staircase that lead to the upper rooms, the floor are all made of real mahogany wood and the walls are made of bricks. "Why... Does the outside of this mansion look like it's been almost tarnished, yet the inside looks brand new." Alex walked slowly backwards to see the mansion one more time, yet it changed! It looked bran new, his face became pale and he looked at Oliver. "I-I-It loo-looks..." Oliver did not like how his brother was acting; stuttering and scared so he himself walked out to see for himself, surely enough it was as his brother was trying to say. Even Oliver started stuttering and pointing at the mansion, so there father got closer to them to see the exact same thing and instead of saying anything he just fainted.