The bigger picture

I don't know how long I slept or if I was really out of it. I knew I had several visitors though because for some reason I could hear them as they talked. Hermione, Ron, Fred and Harry were the ones that visited the most.

"Do you think she will be okay?" I heard Fred ask one day.

"Of course she will Madam Pomfree is the best" Hermione reassured him.

It was nice that Fred was concerned about me, he was always a good friend, sometimes I thought of him as my big brother though. He had another younger sibling aside from Ron, her name was Ginny. Unfortunately I had yet to meet her.

Another person joined the room and it seemed as if the tension rose.

"What the bloody hell are you doing here?" Ron spoke.

"I'm here to make sure Genesis is alright." Draco replied.

"Why would you even care, after all you did call her a mudblood" Ron spat.

There was a long awkward pause before he spoke.

"Nothing I say leaves this room."  Draco took a deep breath. "My family was holding her hostage and starving her, I snuck home and brought her back here."

"Why would you do that? You are just as bad as them." Ron replied.

"Believe it or not weasleby, I made be a ass but their is more to this than you know. Death eaters are trying to bring back the dark lord and if that happens Harry will be in danger. Everyone is saying Harry and Genesis are the chosen ones."

"Genesis, no... can't be" Harry cut in.

"It's true, I heard my father and Bellatrix talking during the holidays. She said that Genesis is suppose to be the connecting link between the Slytherins and Gryffindors." Draco replied.

"What were they doing then" Hermione spoke up. "Keeping her locked up so that she couldn't unite the two houses?"

"Not even, the bigger picture is much more than that. They didn't keep her locked up because of that, they kept her locked up because she didn't give them what they wanted from her."

"And that is?" Hermione asked curiously.

"She wouldn't betray her friend. They wanted her to join them and then kill Harry. They told her everday that they would let her go if she did as they asked but she wouldn't. You have a good friend, she went through so much while she was locked up."

"She looks fine, just a little bit unfed" Ron cut in.

"You didn't see her when she was first brought in. She had cuts and bruises, broken bones and was extremely malnourished. My aunt tortured her everyday. The only reason she is alive is because she was too much of a loss if killed, as well as I secretly brought her bread and water every night when everyone was asleep." Draco replied.

"Why would you save her, what do you get out of this?"

"The same that the rest of the Wizarding World would."

"And that is?"

"A life of no worry. I don't want to be a death eater-"

I felt as my eyes opened and I came to. I blinked a few times and the faces of those I had been hearing from a long time was in my vision. Hermione silenced them as she noticed my gaining consciousness. She smiled at me and Fred was at my side in a second, he grasped my hand and smiled.

"You're awake."

"Yeah, thanks to Draco. He saved my life, he kept me alive." I lolled my head to the other side of the bed where Draco was gazing at me like a man who had just seen the light for the first time in his life. "I have no idea how I could ever repay you."

"Just don't betray your friends." He whispered.

"I would never do that" I replied back. "I would rather die than do that and I was prepared to every minute I was in that room."