Chapter 20

3 weeks later

Adalyn's POV

It's graduation day!!! The last day of school for the seniors. Graduation is at 1 this afternoon and it's 10 am. "Huh surprised they didn't wake me up." I get up and walk downstairs in my Pj's. "I see sleeping beauty is awake." Dad says before taking a drink of his coffee. I chuckle and roll my eyes.

"Hey I don't have to he ready till 12:30, your lucky I'm up now." He chuckles. "I'll take what I can get." I pour myself a cup. "Where are  McKenna and Nikki?" "McKenna wanted to redye her hair before today so they left early this morning." He tells me.  "Do you want breakfast?" I ask him. "Yeah what are you making?" I shrug. "Whatever you want." "Okay then a omelet with bacon, cheese and ham." "Yes sir." I give him a fake salute. He just laughs. I make us both omelets and put them on the table. 

"There done." "This one mine?" He says pointing. I nod. "I'm going to make some more coffee for us." I hear the door open and McKenna and Nikki walk in. "Hey Omg McKenna your hair is gorgeous." She smiles. "You like it?" I nod. "Do you think Ethan will?"

I nod. "M he'll love you no mater what hair you have. Did you guys eat?" I ask them. "Yep we ate on the way back." I roll my eyes. "Let me guess Panera?" Nikki laughs. "You know us so well." I shake my head.

We finish eating. By the time we're done it's 11. "Oh Adalyn before you go get dressed I have a gift for you." My Dad says getting up. "What?" He hands me a small box as Pumpkin starts to jump at my feet. I open it and in it is a necklace with a graduation cap on it. "Dad I love it." I say as before hugging him. "I'm glad you like it." I laugh. "Of course I would. I'll wear it today. Speaking of-" "Go go get ready." I give him a kiss on the cheek.

Pumpkin follows me up the stairs as I head to my room. "What do your caps look like?" I ask them. Our school let's us decorate our graduation caps. We agreed not to show them to each other the day of graduation.

After that we get dressed. I put on a grayish brown dress and brown ankle boots. I put in  diamond earrings and the necklace dad got me. I curl my hair and do light make up. We all agreed to wear our heart rings today. My cap says a world of possibilities awaits.

"Oh my God

"Oh my God. You look gorgeous!" McKenna says.  I blush. "Thank you." "Can you do my hair?" I nod. I follow her into her room. She has on a light yellow dress and white strapy heels. I braid a chunk of her hair back into a braid. She does make up and puts on her heart ring. Her cap it say Just did it, like the Nike slogan.

 Her cap it say Just did it, like the Nike slogan