Pilot

*Emery*

"Em. Wake up." I hear my brother say. I chose to ignore it. "Emery. Wake up." He snaps.

"Five more minutes!" I groan into the pillow.

"No, get up or so help me..." I sigh and sit up. Last time I didn't, he poured a jug of ice cold water on me.

"What? What is so important?" I ask, standing up and stretching, a yawn follows my words.

"We're headed to Stanford." He says. I shoot him a look.

"Are we really dragging Sammy back into this?" I say, pulling out some clothes from my duffel. Dean turned so he was facing opposite of me while I dressed.

"Look, you and I both know that we're not gonna find dad by ourselves. This is our last chance Em." He says, turning back around as I shove my stuff into my duffel.

"Dean. Sam finally escaped the life, like he's always wanted. He's at college, being smart and living." I try reasoning. I love Sam, I want him to be happy.

"Emery. We're going to get Sam. End of discussion." He snaps. I sigh in frustration.

"Whatever." I mutter. I brush through my hair and zip up my bag before slinging it over my shoulder.

I follow my older brother out to the impala and climb into the passenger seat, tossing my bag in the back and shove my headphones in my ears and looking out the window. Over my music, which is all classic rock, I hear Dean sigh in anger. It's his fault. Just let Sam be happy!

He starts up baby and drives away from the motel. I end up drifting off to sleep.

~

"Em. Wake up. We're about two miles out." Dean says, shaking my shoulder. I sit up and run a hand down my face.

"Alright. Cool." I say. I didn't realize how much I actually missed my brother until now. It had been what? Two years?

A little while we pull up to a building. The building Sam lived in.

"Window?" I ask Dean.

"Window." I nod as we silently climb out of the car and walk around to the back of the house.

I hoist myself up quietly slide open the window, climbing inside. I motion for Dean to come in and he falls as he does.

"Smooth." I hiss in a whisper. He glares at me. We split up and look around the house. We meet in the darkened living and hand finds its way to my shoulder. It's not Dean, he's in front of me, so.

Before my thought could finish my thought and I'm hit. I swing a fist back, catching a jaw. Me and the darkened stranger take a few more hits at each other before I pin them down.

"Emery?" Sam asks.

"Hiya Sammy." I smile.

"You scared the crap out of me."

"Maybe you're just outta practice." I say. He rolls his and flips the tools to where he's over me and I grumble. "Nevermind." I nudge him and he stands, helping me up.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Well, I was looking for a beer." Dean says.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Alright we need to talk." Dean sighs.

"Uh, the phone?"

"If we had called would you've picked up?" I ask.