ISM Associates: Bank of England To Purchase Apple Bonds

ISM Associates: The Bank of England has widened the scope of assets it can buy as part of its bond-buying program.

: The Bank of England has named tech giant, Apple as one of a number of companies whose assets qualify for inclusion on its new bond-buying program. The new program, unveiled by Governor Mark Carney at the central bank's second post-Brexit meeting in July, will see the Bank enter the secondary market for corporate debt for the first time.

The development is part of the Bank's stated aim of driving down borrowing costs and encouraging businesses to step up investment to help stave off what it sees as headwinds facing the British economy as a result of its vote to leave the European Union.

The Bank is the latest central bank to follow the Bank of Japan and the European Central Bank into the market for corporate debt after both found a shortage of government bonds to buy as part of their own programs.

Criticism has been leveled at Apple over widespread accusations that Apple avoids paying tax on its UK sales by routing them via Ireland and the company has recently been made the subject of a ruling by the European Commission which ordered it to pay some €13 billion in back taxes in Ireland.

"The Bank of England hasfaced a shortage of UK government bonds (gilts) which could result in its beingunable to meet it bond-buying target," said James Preston, Chief Economist at ISMAssociates. "Apple is about as safe as you can get in terms of corporate debtbut the furor over its tax arrangements will continue to the subject ofcontroversy for some time."

AboutISM Associates:
ISM Associates is a private investment management practice based in Hong Kong.Our highly-qualified investment professionals cater to the capital appreciationand wealth preservation needs of individuals and families with investableassets of at least $500,000.

Choosing to work with ISM Associates is, put simply the most prudent first stepyou can take in attaining your long-term financial objectives. During thecourse of our hopefully long professional association, you will discover thatthe things that matter most to you and your family are what matter to us.

Contact ISM Associates:

Dragon Center, Floor 21,
79 Wing Hong Street,
Sham Shui Po, Kowloon,
Hong Kong, China

+85258014527
info@ismassociates.com