Chapter 2

Five long and exhausting hours later I am laying on the extremely comfortable bed of The Empire Hotel. I looked at multiple apartments and condos and there was only a handful I liked. Housing in New York City is not cheap! I guess I have to save that part for later. After my mini apartment search I went to a nearby grocery store, taking the subway to get there, so I don't have to later. I picked up some smaller foods that I can snack on, and otherwise I figure I can just hop on the subway and find a small eatery nearby. I have previously decided I am going to go out for a late lunch, seeing as it is already one o'clock and I am starved to the bone. I change into a pair of tight, dark wash skinny jeans, a white, sleeveless, lace peplum blouse, my black Louboutons, and a black cross body purse to match. If I wouldn't have pursued a business profession, I would have went for a fashion one. I have always had a knack for shopping, and an eye for fashionable clothes.
I make sure I have my room key, and my wallet as I walk out of the room. I walk down the hall to the elevator and press the down arrow, and the small round key lights up. I don't even have to wait 30 second before the doors ding and slide slowly open. An older couple exits the elevator and the woman gives me a sly wink as she passes. What was that about, I ponder. I stepped into the elevator and pressed the lobby key on the elevator panel. I was aware of one other person in the elevator, and as I turned I locked eye contact with the man. The very, very attractive, mouth watering man. What the hell, is every man in New York this attractive?? First coffee guy, and then him. This City WILL be the death of me! I realized our eye contact was still locked and I dropped my gaze quickly as the elevators pinged again signaling the fact that more people were getting on. My eyes widened fractionally as a group of about 10 stand before us waiting patiently to get on. They all file in quickly to the point where I am trapped against the attractive mans chest. My face flushes, and he seems to catch it because he chuckles lowly and seductively. My eyes flutter up to his face and he smirks, which causes me to blush once again and him to chuckle even more. My arms are trapped against his chest and I am tempted to feel the hard muscles beneath his tight fitting white t-shirt. I can feel eyes on me and I look over to see a woman in her mid 50's staring at us with adoration. "You guys are such an attractive couple, and I can practically feel the chemistry from here!" The woman says with a small smile and twinkling eyes. My eyes widen, "Oh no, no, no you have it wrong. I am not from here, I don't even know this mans name!" I say while blushing once again. I peek a glimpse at the man who has been completely silent and he opens his mouth as if he were going to say something, closes it again, takes a deep breath and finally says, "The name is James, pleasure to be acquainted with you." in a thick Southern drawl which causes my panties to become moist with pleasure. "Oh, um, I, Uhhh..." I stutter out quickly before gaining my composure again, "I am Anastasia, but my friends call me Ana, pleasure to meet you", I say as I pat his chest instead of shake his hand due to the cramped capacity. He smiles, and I can feel myself turning to jelly next to him. This man is gorgeous! "Hello Ana, I am going to guess that you aren't from here, just like myself, and I could use a friend. Would you like to go to lunch to get more acquainted?". Now, normally I don't just say yes to requests like this from random strangers, but I could definitely use a couple friends, and this is my chance! "Why sure, I could use a couple or friends myself! Thanks, James." I grin warmly at him. The elevator finally dings open after what seems like forever, and James and I make our way out of the building to go become acquainted...