Camping in Bradenton area, Winterset RV Resort Holiday Giving to school kids.

One of the reasons I know Winterset RV Resort is the ideal campground in Florida, is that the managers, Barb and Doug Roper, are often coming up with innovative suggestions to make camping in Fl more pleasant as well as enjoyable. A month ago they planned a blind golf cart race. No accidents were reported - except for various sore guts because of laughing too much!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U1XmTRllZVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At our latest coffee and doughnut meeting Barb announced one more brilliant idea: Instead of swapping the usual "gag" gifts at Christmas, Winterset home owners can "give" to the local community by giving sweatshirts meant for disadvantaged kids at Palm View Elementary School in Palmetto. As winter comes, many kids coming from poorer conditions will be thankful for a warm sweatshirt to ward off the chill.

The suggestion was overwhelmingly accepted by the home owners of Winterset RV Resort and the elementary school has been contacted. Needless to say the principal is thrilled with the idea and assistant principal, Tori Hicks, will make available shirt sizes. It is appraised that upwards of three hundred children are in need of help and the plan is to give sweatshirts for each and every one the 433 students. A committee of Winterset volunteers will wrap the gifts which will be distributed before Xmas break.

"It's such a true blessing to see our snow birds and guests provide so fondly to the kids mentioned Tim Newby, the leader of Newby Management, that runs the upkeep of Winterset along with 39 other resorts. "It is a great gesture that gives each single day that they put on their gift".

The occupants of Winterset RV Resort are excited about helping children stay warm this cold seasib. If anyone would like to help with the gifts to the kids of Palm View Elementary School, you certainly can phone Barbara Roper at (941) 722-4884, or drop off your present or donation at the office of Winterset RV Resort at 8515 US Hwy 41 N, Palmetto, FL 34221.

Thank you, Merry Christmas and God bless.

Article source: <a href=" http://youtu.be/U1XmTRllZVw">camping in Palmetto Florida</a>