Bitter Sweet Love Prologue

Here is that werewolf-romance story I was talking about. I have been working on it for about a month now. Hope you all who read Enjoy it! :)

______________________________________________________________________________________

Prologuegue: Two Years Ago…

                I stare across the room at the man that used to be mine, and mine alone. I glance down at the young petite blonde rubbing her backside against him. This is the time of year that I curse the fates for giving me this lot in life. I curse the fact that no matter what the man across the room does I will still love him unconditionally.

                I will love him unconditionally because of one thing: I’m his mate. No, not mate as in friend, but mate as in soul mate. See, I’m a werewolf, and werewolves have one certain person that will love them unconditionally no matter what. The only problem with that is he is an alpha; the Alpha over all the packs in the U.S. Being the alpha over the U.S is that he is required to have three wives. Three.

                I have never been good at sharing. I’m one of those people that have the mindset of ‘if its mine its mine, so don’t touch. When I found out He was my mate, I was ecstatic because I had loved him since we were kids, and I finally found the one thing that would always be mine and only mine. Then my happiness came crashing down when I realized what the rest of my life was going to be. I was going to be sharing my mate with two other women.

                He tried to convince me not to agree to it. He said he didn’t want to put me through the heartache, but I knew he was most likely just disappointed that his girlfriend of two years turned out to not be his mate, but instead is quirky best girl friend. The girl next door, if you will. We had always been two peas in a pod, him and I. Always getting into trouble. We were each other’s first kiss, and from that day I have been in love with him. I was always day dreaming that I was his mate, and then it happened. I guess I never thought of the consequences.

                The first year with him was amazing. We never brought up the wife thing. It was just me and him. We had both just graduated from high school, so we got married then spent the summer in Europe just backpacking country from country. It was amazing. We got back in September that’s when things got a little rocky.  His dad got sick, and people started bringing up him taking over the alpha position, which meant he had to pick his other two wives.

Things at our apartment got stressful. We argued over nothing, that’s when the elders set up the schedule and rules. I get my husband six months out of the year. I am not allowed to choose which months, mention anything about the other wives, or tell lies about them. I had to sign a contract and everything. After that little meeting I went home to my now empty apartment and cried myself to sleep, hugging one of his shirts to my chest. He moved into the pack house and took over his father’s duties. I barely saw him and when I did it was for a moment. It went on like that for three months, and then his dad died. He was officially moved to the Alpha position.

The night of the funeral I was sitting at home in his t-shirt and nothing else as was usual for the past few months. I chose not to go to the funeral, feeling like I would just be in his way. Anyways, it was about nine o’clock when the knock on the door came. I grudgingly got off my comfy couch and answered the door. I didn’t expect to see my soaking wet mate standing there. I recall exclaiming ‘What are you doing here?’ and him responding ‘I miss you Lailie.’ My heart broke at the facial expression that seemed to be permanently etched into his beautiful face. I ushered him in and made him change into dry clothes. After that we sat down on the couch and just held him while he cried on my shoulder all night.