Ten: Kisses

Naomi

What did I just do?

I kissed Wesley Ridges. I fucking kissed Wesley Ridges. I let my guard down for a second and immediately became just another girl on his list. Not a literal list, but a list that makes me just another girl who he wants to screw. He knew I wanted him now and that was an issue. At least that's how it had been with the other guys I had been with. 

I was so stupid. I let myself feel sparks when he kissed me. Our lips collided and it was like that's where they were supposed to have been in the first place. His hands gripped my waist while I held onto his jacket for the life of me. 

I dashed home and got ready for bed the second I got in my room. I tried my best to fall asleep, but I couldn't stop thinking. How different is everything going to be now? Were we gonna show affection outside of our cars? Are we gonna associate with one another as friends? Eventually my eyes got tired and I started to drift off. 

I woke up the next morning still as confused as I was last night. I checked my phone and saw a text from Chloe. She was asking if I wanted something for breakfast since she was buying some on her way to school. I told her what I wanted and started getting ready. After showering, I changed into a casual grey v-neck slip dress along with black and white Adidas sneakers. I threw on a black jacket and was out the door soon after finishing my makeup. My golden locks were in a controlled mess; it was still wavy from yesterday so I added some beach spray and left it at that. 

I arrived at school and met up with Chloe and Lorenzo. They were eating on a bench and I joined Chloe's side. 

"Hello, stranger. Where have you been the past 24 hours?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Hasn't Astrid told you?" I asked, assuming she had already come crying to her with the drama. 

Lorenzo handed me my food and ate in silence. He knew it was gossip time and decided to behave like a fly on the wall this time. Usually, we'd hear his two cents. 

"Naomi, my dear child," she paused. "Of course the over dramatic diva told me. Her big mouth can't stay shut." 

I laughed at her remarks she made about Astrid because I never really knew why they had this huge feud. "She freaked because I was hanging out with Wes instead of her and Chad." 

"You're hanging out with Wesley? Wesley Ridges? It was about fucking time," Lorenzo butted in. 

Chloe took a bite out of her bagel while looking across from us, "Speak of the devil and he shall appear." 

I turned to find Wesley heading towards our table. He looked rugged in a leather jacket on top of a grey sweatshirt. I never thought someone could look that good. His hair was well groomed and he looked shockingly put together in comparison to myself. 

"Morning everyone," he greeted. "Lowell," he singled me out, kissing my cheek.

Wesley kept on walking and my heart sunk. I'm not exactly sure what more I was expecting, but it was certainly more than a "Lowell". I stuffed my breakfast sandwich in my mouth and chewed on it more aggressively than I thought. Chloe saw I needed distraction so she started talking more about Astrid. I dozed off in the middle of her rant because I honestly didn't care at the moment. My phone vibrated in between our conversation and when I checked it, I saw I had a text from Wesley. 

From: Wesley

Meet me by the vending machine next to Warren's class. 

I excused myself from our table and left to meet him. I got there and was spooked out of my mind when a hand pulled me into a secluded little space behind the vending machine. I barely got a chance to say anything when Wesley's hand cupped my cheek and pulled me into a kiss. His free hand roamed to my lower back and pulled me closer to his body. I felt the electricity again. His kisses start off very sweet, but then turn into something much more than that. After I was positive my lip gloss was all over his face, I pulled away from his lips for air. 

"Good morning, angel," he said with a wide grin on his face. 

My stomach twisted and turned every time he gave me that stupidly adorable face and I felt vulnerable again. I understood now how this was going to be. It was going to be something so low key and unexclusive that he and I would be free to do whatever we wanted with other people. That's how it always worked.

I wasn't going to over complicate things so I played along, "Now that's a good morning." 

"I would've done that earlier, but I didn't know if you were ready for that kind of PDA." 

"I don't care," I lied, nonchalantly might I add. 

"You don't?" He raised his eyebrows. 

"I mean I get if you don't want the whole school to know. It'd make you unavailable," I said, cleaning his face of my gloss with my thumb. 

"Right," he said, "I don't see the problem. Unless, you want to remain available." 

Fuck. 

A/N:

Ooooh cliffhanger. What's she gonna do? Probably what any of us would do. And I'm so not telling you what that might be so you'll just have to wait. 

I don't know, I felt inspired today. The new book cover really has given me a new way to get this story going again. 

More to come soon so make sure to vote and comment to let me know you're enjoying it!

Love you guys so much, xoxo