Camp Out

God, it was a long afternoon. Of course their first day at camp had to be full of the most rigorous activities. Karkat didn't understand that at all. Why not spend the first day unpacking and relaxing rather than scaling the mountainside or canoeing up the creek? Oh, that's right. His friends were idiots.
The troll sighed, plugging in the electric pump for the air mattress he and Dave would be sharing. He attached the hose to the bed and flipped the switch, arranging himself next to the outlet. It would take at least five to ten minutes for this piece of trash to inflate, especially at the rate the pump was spewing out air. As a matter of fact, he could probably blow it up himself in less time, but he was far too tired to even attempt it.
Dave was in the shower for the third time today. Karkat supposed that was one of his odd kinks. Not in the sexual sense, but in the sense that he was a germaphobe and needed to be as clean as possible. It was a tick more than anything, the troll thought.
He'd been in there for a half an hour at least. By this point, the air mattress was fully blown up and littered with pillows and blankets which Karkat so carefully arranged. In his eyes, it was useless to try to sleep yet. Dave's loud ass would wake him up as soon as he entered the room.
The two had been living together for about three years now. The smaller male knew how the other operated. If he came home late, he would turn on all the lights and make an abundance of noise before coming to bed. That was another one of Dave's ticks, but it was one he couldn't seem to shake.
After forty-five minutes, said nuisance was finally out of the bathroom and in their makeshift bedroom, a towel draped lazily over his shoulders to stop his sopping wet hair from dripping down his back. His roommate had been lying on his stomach on the air mattress reading one of his latest romance novels, and paid the human no mind as he dried his hair and stretched with a yawn, clad only in his boxers. It wasn't until Dave turned off the light with Karkat's consent that the latter actually acknowledged the former, though that was far beyond his consent.
With a body full of lead and head full of fog, the blond allowed himself to fall back onto the mattress whilst simultaneously launching the ravenette into the air. He emitted a scream of terror as he soared high above the human, sheer panic in his eyes. Dave's reckless actions unfortunately popped the bed in the process. To Karkats good fortune, Dave was there in the knick of time to catch him, preventing the troll from landing painfully on the floor. His claws sunk deep into the assailant for fear of further mishap. Through gritted teeth, Dave managed to ask, "Are you okay?"
This lead to a string of profanities, followed by, "No, you trash heap! I'm far from okay! I could've died, and now we don't have a place to sleep! What the fuck are we going to do now?!" Karkat hissed angrily.
Dave hushed him and cooed in a soothing voice, "Don't worry. You'll have somewhere nice to sleep. I promise."
And so, with the little sentience he still retained, Dave scourged the cabin for any and every spare pillow and blanket he could get his hands on. Then, with the reluctant help of Karkat, the pair laid out the blankets and pillows and made themselves a new bed. Once all was said and done, the two settled in, cuddling close to keep warm.
"Would you look at that," Karkat mumbled with his face buried deep in Dave's chest. "You fixed your mistake. Kudos."
This earned a small chuckle from Dave, whose fingers carded aimlessly through the hair of the troll. "I couldn't leave my little kitten without a nice, warm place to rest his pretty head." He received a well deserved punch to the shoulder and a scowl for his comment, but he didn't seem to mind, seeing as how he went on anyway. "I am sorry, though."
"Apology accepted, fuckface. Now, go to bed, would you?" His companion uttered exasperatedly under his breath. Before Dave could reply, he was out like a light.
Allowing a small grin to grace his lips, the human gently kissed his forehead and mused, "Yeah. Sleep tight, Karks," before nodding off in the warm embrace of his grouchy kitten.