Chapter 3

Your P.O.V

The next time i opened my eyes, i was no longer in the field, i was now standing on a dirt path with Shikamaru, Neji, Ino, Sakura and Lee. In front of us was two of the akasuki members dedaria and sasori.

Dedaria: "I'll show you what true art is, un!"

Lee: "Let us fight with the power of youth!!"

Sakura, Ino and and Lee fought with Dedaria, while Neji, Shikamaru and I fought against Sasori. Neji defended us against Sasori's poison needles. I drew my kanta to defect a few. Shikamaru put his hands together making signs that let his shadow extend from his body and separate into many lines, but sasori had managed to get past Neji and was about to slice him open with the strange metal tail attached to his back.

I don't really know why, but i just knew Shikamaru wouldn't be able to get out of the way in time. Without really thinking about the consequences i dove in front of him shielding him from being pierced by the most likely poisoned object. The metal ripped into my stomach as i grabbed the back of shikamaru's jacket pulling him out of the way.

Pain should have been as obvious as the blood flowing from my midsection, but i still felt nothing.

Shikamaru's P.O.V

With Kalea still in the hospital i wasn't as focused as i should be on our mission. All we had to do was check out some disturbances happening close to the border, but what should have been a small group of robbers turned out to be two akasuki members. So much for a simple mission, this is going to be such a drag.

I sent Sakura, Ino and Lee to fight against Deidara, leaving Neji and i to face off against Sasori.

Neji used his palm rotation to defend us against an onslaught of poisoned needles. When he finished i squatted down eyes focused on my target.

: "Shadow strangle justu!"

My shadow stretched out in front of me separating into many different lines, but Sasori easily evaded them all and was soon in front him bringing the metal tail attached to his back straight for my chest. I knew i didn't have enough time to get out of the way, but when i brought my arms up in an attempt to defend myself, i felt someone take a hold of the back of my jacket pulling me out of the way of the blade.

Though i wasn't hit at all, i could feel a warm liquid streaming down my left side, but when i looked down there wasn't a drop of blood.

Neji jumped in front of me since i was still kneeling on the ground. He readied his stance and Sasori narrowed his eyes.

Sasori: "Deidara! Let's go!"

Deidara just grunted, but made a clay bird big enough for the both of them to jump on. The two quickly retreated for some reason. After making sure everyone was ok we made our way back  to the village.

Once i got back i left the others to check on Kalea. With my hands in my pockets i walked in her room to see a few nurses in a panic.

: "What's going on here?"

A nurse turned around and shooed me from the room: "We don't know. We came in to check on her and she was bleeding from her side like she had been stabbed and we've found an unidentified poison in her system."

The door was slammed shut in my face. 'What happened to her? Unidentified poison?' I took off running to find Sakura. Since Tsunade is out of the village to a summit meeting, she's the only one who can help. 

As i ran out of the hospital doors a single thought occurred to me 'Why do i care so much about what happens to her?'