Butter-Cream Frosting

The house smells like vanilla and butter cream frosting, gifts wrapped in colorful paper were disposed all over Alice's appartement. "Today won't be like others... " She kept telling herself, "It's Piper's special day and nothing will ruin it..." Alice was having a rough life, her husband left her when her daughter was only four. She had to raise, feed, and take care of her since he left. Although she does'nt have everything, Piper is a sweet and happy kid, but the more she grows up, the harder it gets to take care of her. Otherwise, while Alice was hanging up banners, she hears delicate footsteps, It's Piper! She quickly turns off the light and hides behind the antique table... "SUPRISE!" She yelled and Piper bursts with joy! She hugs her mother real tight and out of nowhere, she asks "Can you sign me up for a pageant please?" ... Alice, confused, asks her to repeat. "Sign me up for a pageant, c'mon!"... Alice isn't sure about this ... She asks why her lovely girly wants that. Piper replies that she wants to dress up in pretty clothes and feel special... Alice kinda freezes, "Don't  you feel special here with me sweetie?" She does'nt reply, but she pulls out a shrivelled paper...