eight

There was always a reason out of these complicated things, but it seemed utterly unsolvable. Perhaps it was only for a specific subject, or, all but one; love. How impossible and incredible it was that Brooklyn Young, past lover of one, couldn't figure the way out of her spicy situation. All she knew was that the love hadn't been lost.

She didn't arrive at work for several days, but instead, took a road trip... back to where it all started, and ended. The only necessities were money and a traveling automobile, so she drove her car halfway across the country. There was a chance of seeing her parents in the small town, but to avoid them, Brooklyn went to a place that her birth givers wouldn't dare; her shrink's office.

The sudden return made an impact on the building, even after six years, and the longing employees still remembered the aged structure. Only then, she was younger, and more immature, known as one emotional teen with such a wrong relationship. Brooklyn was slightly stronger and much bolder as she strutted into the building.

"I walked away," is the first thing she says to the recalled, Mrs. Forman.

Herself didn't look as if she got any older; everything seems the same.

"But, after I did, we saw each other in New York, where I currently live. It was at this damn club my co-worker dragged me to, and he was fucking there, in all his beautifying glory, and I did it twice. But, then-,"

"Slow your roll, Brooklyn. Please," Mrs. Forman pleads, noticing how much distress the woman in front of her eyes is.

"He stopped me, and ever since, we've ran into each other. But, here's the thing: Harry and I messed around once, and then I realized my stupid action, but I can't stop coming back to him."

"I thought you had a boyfriend, last time I heard from your parents."

"I did," Brooklyn declares, not wanting to take her ashamed eyes from the floor. "We broke up yesterday, after I was with Harry, because he found out. But, it was strange because I didn't have a feeling of sadness. It was only Harry."

"You still love him, don't you?" she whispers as if it's one of the most valuable secrets in the entire world.

And the emotional woman nods her head frantically, knowing the answer is a million times, yes.

"I wondered if Harry had ever wondered about any of the times we spent together in the past. And I think about the all the time, because I'm just not over him, and I thought I have been all this time. I don't think I will ever be, and though I saw it coming, it still hurts. I still hurt, and when I take a peek into reality, I know that I can't change the way he feels, but I just keep thinking I can. That's why I still love him. God, I love him so much, but I don't think I can go back, because all I will remember out of it will be how he cheated on me."