The Jig is Up ... Sort of

The Stafford Hotel was brimming with guests going to and fro with smiles on their faces and cold drinks in their hands - it is summertime after all. A grandfather clock on a nearby wall chimed twelve times announcing that it was noon already. Finn paced back and forth in front of two elevators looking for someone. He frowned and went back to where his mother, also waiting, stood.

Mary Collins looked like the epitome of all motherly mothers. She wasn't dressed as chic as her son and she became fussy when Finn came over to her with a pouty face. Her son brushed her hands away and told her that she wasn't here yet. That put a sock to the motherly persona. Mary scowled and told her son she didn't like standing up so long.

"She'll be here any moment mother...remember, she's all you've always wanted for your little boy." Finn whispered into his mother's ear.

"She's going to provide you with a check containing six figures a month," her son whispered and Mary suddenly softened up.

"Now you know, I'll be nice," she smirked, her dark eyes twinkling as if with dollar signs. Finn laughed and playfully tapped his mother's arm when he caught sight of Raven walking towards them. His fiancé chose to look completely gorgeous, at his bequest, and approached the two wearing a black v-necked Giorgio Armani dress.

"Ok, there she is," he said and straightened his new seaweed green Prada suit. The color didn't suit him and that was the first thing Raven noticed when she approached him with her family, namely Mila, Camila, and Stitch, following behind her.

"With the whole motley crew." Finn muttered under his breath and tried to maintain the smile that was rapidly falling from his face.

"Hey, darling!" he exclaimed sweetly and held hands with Raven and smacked her lips, "Sofi, Camila... and Stitch!" He greeted the two other people and dog, "What in the world are you doing here?" he asked the dog then leaned close to Raven, "Honey, a dog at the Stafford?" He muttered.

"Sofi begged me to bring him." Raven explained with a dopey grin and a shrug of her shoulders.

"Aww... you're such a softie." Finn cooed and bent down to pat the dog's head. Stitch growled and tried to bite Finn's hand making him jump back and yelp in surprise.

"Good doggy." Camila said sotto to the dog, and patted his head, "So, Finn, these the folks?" She faked a big sweet smile.

"Yes! Mom...you all finally meet, again! You remember, Raven Reyes." Finn grinned linking his arm through his fiancé's. Mary politely shook the hand Raven held out for her.

"Pleasure." she said with a smile.

"This is her adorable daughter, Sofi. The entire gathering was her idea, I'll have you know." Finn winked proudly much to the disgust of Mila - could she be any more fake? Mary leaned closer to the girl with a wide toad-like grin.

"Hello pet!" Mary greeted Mila. "You can call me aunt Mary."

Mila just raised her eyebrows at the two and pulled a face.

xmeanwhilex

A black town car pulled up in front of the Stafford hotel. Octavia came out of the passenger seat and smugly fixed her leather jacket. After that, she opened the door of the backseat and held out her hand. Instead of Clarke's dainty hand, she received her foot, her ankle to be exact, and she looked up in surprise.

"Other end, Griff," she said and Clarke giggled madly as she retracted her foot and replaced it with her hand.

"Whoops!" she exclaimed and went unsteadily out of the car. Sofi came out after her and watch her down a small bottle of vodka. Clarke took the liberty of gathering the flight liquor she ordered and downing bottle after bottle during the ride to Stafford. After draining her last bottle, she carelessly flung it behind her. Luckily it was caught by Lauren who came out of the car after her niece and clutched the empty bottle.