Chapter 4

Normani Kordei Hamilton

" Hold up, they don't love you like I love you" I mumbled the lyrics to one of my favorite Beyoncé songs at the moment.

" How'd it come down to this, scrolling through your call list" I was currently at the gym a few blocks away from my house. I step onto the treadmill. Selecting start and choosing cardio as my program. I start walking to get my body warmed up.

" I don't wanna loose my pride, but Imma fuck me up a bitch" I sing along with some attitude. I payed attention to my heart rate. I looked up finally, watching as the blonde woman next to me sat her stuff down. Damn, those thighs...

I watch as she ties her long luscious locks into a messy bun. She finally turns around and I'm not even shocked by the face I'm met with. Dinah Jane.  She obviously didn't notice me as of yet. I took the time to admire her and her flat stomach in the sports bra that she wore with her yoga pants. She wore a sweater that was unzipped on top of her bra. Damn. I smirked slightly pretending not to notice her. I'm always running into her. It doesn't really help either that she's my lawyer and newest love interest. I felt a pair of eyes watching me, and I looked in the direction to see none other than Dinah staring at me with a smirk on her face. We made eye contact as she stepped onto the treadmill to my left. She selected her program and started to walk as well. Wanting to show off, I upped the speed from 3 to 4. I made eye contact with her once more challenging her. I watched her nod her head as she upped her speed to 4 as well. I giggled a little.

" Competitive,  are we? " I asked with a smirk as I pressed 5 mph. I went into a jog, inclining the treadmill onto a slope.

" Not competitive. I just like to win." she stated mimicking my actions once more.

I shook my head as I took it up to level 6. And my jog became a full speed run.

" Well, that makes the two of us" I said between breaths. Like expected she has done the same. I could feel the sweat form on my stomach and drip down my face. I tried to pay attention to my breathing instead of the pain that was forming from the soreness in my thighs. I refuse to lose. 

We were going at it for thirty minutes and I'm honestly surprised she lasted this long. That's so hot. It was going onto forty minutes and I was about to give up but then...

" Ok Mani,you win this one" She spoke pressing the cool down button and began to walk her pain away. I smiled wildly at the nickname.

" Mani, huh... I like it" I blushed slightly as I duplicate Dinah's actions. I got my breathing to calm down.

" By the way, in case you didn't realize, I'm amazing" I smiled triumphantly. That was the best workout I've had in a long time.

" Trust me gorgeous, it didn't take me long for me to realize that." I blushed furiously. I heard her giggle and I turned away in attempt to hide my flushed face. I stopped the treadmill, steadying myself as I got off the machine. I took a sip of my water. I felt her tap me on the shoulder. I turned to look at her, she was sporting a small smile.

" Fancy seeing you here" she said.

" Well a girl gotta keep her abs tight " I stated playfull poking my stomach that was covered by the adidas workout tank.

" I respect that. Do you live near here?" she asked as she noticed I was getting ready to leave.

" Yeah. Do you? " I asked curiously.

" Actually No. The gym that's closer to me was way too packed for my liking. As a result, I came here." She stated grabbing her stuff as well. She straighten herself to her full height and stood extremely close to me.