Thirteen;

"Eleanor! Eleanor, Bella wants to say goodbye!" Alice chirps from her place by the side of the house

"Eleanor! Eleanor, Bella wants to say goodbye!" Alice chirps from her place by the side of the house. I lift my head from my conversation with Damon to look at her, internally groaning at her words. Why, oh why, does my sister feel the need to keep up pretences. She's married now — to a vampire I'll add — there's no need to play the nice loving sister anymore.

I might even return to Mystic Falls with Damon. It's not a bad idea.

I put my glass down on the table, standing up. My dress hitches up a little at the action, but I smooth it down.

Damon gets up as well, downing the last of his whiskey before taking my hand in his and walking toward Alice.

He told me about what he said to Stefan. How he told him that he doesn't want Elena, that she's all Stefan's. He said he'd never felt closer to his brother in all his life than he had right then. He thinks he and Stefan are going to be okay.

We follow after Alice, into the crowd of guests waving to Bella and Edward as they stand by their car. Mom is crying, again. I can't see Charlie, but I watch Bella scan the crowd with her eyes. She's changed her dress, but kept the same colour scheme. It's not a terrible dress actually, I like the black on cream design. She's still in heels though, probably Alice's fault. I have no doubt she'll take them off as soon as she's in that car. Her hair's down now, the brown locks falling softly past her shoulders like silk.

As soon as Damon and I reach the front, she launches herself at me. Her arms slip around my neck and grip so tightly that if I had to breathed, she'd be choking me. Seriously Bella, have some self control.

It takes me a moment, but I return her hug. To be honest I'm a bit confused. I don't think I've ever hugged Bella before. Not since we were really little. It's strange, having her hug me like she's afraid I'm going to slip away and leave her. She's never really wanted anything to do with me, and we always had this unspoken no touching rule.

I feel her breath against my ear as she loosens her grip a little, "You better be on call when I get back."

She pulls away, smiling at me, before Edward takes her hand and helps her get into the car. She waves at us all through the window as Edward gets in as well. I watch as they pull out of the driveway, the guests waiting until they're gone before starting to get a move on too.

I stand still for a minute as my eyes stay locked on the place where the car disappeared. Damon waits patiently behind me, his arms crossed on his chest. You better be on call when I get back. She... She wants me here. She's never... I heard the underlaying words in her demand. I saw the look in her eyes as she pulled away. I know what she meant.