Note 4: Page 4

I wish you knew... that it all started when you told me not to be like Alicia O'dell.  That day, I started to like you.  I remember it clearly, like it happened just minutes ago.
    I was decorating my binder cover.  The teacher had told us to sketch a picture of ourselves.  Of course, I love to draw, you know that, but I just couldn't get the other eye perfect.  I drew the face shape perfectly, then one eye, but when I tried doing the next one, it just never came out right.  It was either too small, or too big, too round, or too ovalish.  No matter what I did, it couldn't come out right.  After the 8th time erasing that eye, I finally did it, but boy were there so many erase marks, it still looked horrible, well in my opinion.  You were sitting in the table group behind me, our seats close.  Back toward back, when you turned around and looked at me sketch.  At that time I had the eyes, lips, nose, and hair done.  It looked okay to me, but there were numerous erase marks.  You turned around and told me it looked amazing, but like I said I didn't really like it, so I told you that.  Then you told me something I will never forget, the words, "Don't be like Alicia O'dell," escaped your lips.
    Alicia is the smartest person ever, but she can be a little annoying.  Whenever you compliment her, she tells you her drawing looks ugly.  Her drawings are so awesome and detailed.  I figured she just wanted to earn more compliments.  She obviously already knew that she had done a great job.  She was just too stubborn to admit it.  You told me not to be like her, to enjoy my pretty drawings and admit that they are pretty good.  That will stick with me forever.
    But now, whenever I tell you a good grade I got, you call me a bragger.  My friends tell me you call me cocky and a bragger.  I kind of believe them, but I don't know.  Should I?  If you would just talk to me, or I could just talk to you...  All I'm saying is, I want the old you back, the one who told me not to be like Alicia.