Chapter 41- How Much Everyone Loves Her

Cris' Pov

"Will you relax" Nuno says fixing his jacket. "I will when we get there. Hurry up" I say tapping my foot. "Where are you two off to?" Elma asks coming down the stairs in her dressing gown. "To the restaurant" I say. "It's a bit early" Elma says. "That's what I've been trying to tell him" Nuno says. "Come on" I say, "Cris tonight will be fine" Elma says. "I'm not sure" I mumble. "She'll be there" Elma says.

"I haven't spoken to her since out fight. I was so stupid. I shouldn't have said what I said. I was just so mad that she giving up on us" I say. "She'll be there. Elena will make sure" Elma says. I had told my sisters about my fight with Lucy and naturally they had told me off. "And what if she doesn't?" I ask. Forget about all the planning. All the trouble of getting her friends in one place. Lucy just deserves to have a night of fun. "Like Elena won't get Lucy to come tonight. Chill it will be fine" Elma says. "Let's go" Nuno says.

"Have you spoken to her?" Nuno asks as I focus on the road ahead as I drive. "Nope" I say. "Not even to wish her a happy birthday?" he asks. "I didn't think she would want to hear from me. Elena said she was upset and I didn't want to make her even more upset" I say. I really wish I could have been with her on her birthday. Wake up next to her. Just be with her. "Tonight will be fun" Nuno says and I roll my eyes. "When have I ever been wrong?" he asks.

"Maybe we should cancel" I say as couple of hours late as the place starts to fill up. "Bit late now. Relax" Nuno says nodding a hello to Matt as he walks to a table. "Lucy isn't a fan of surprises" I say. "Then why are you having a surprise party for her?" he asks. "It's a dinner not a party" I say. "Elena texted. Their nearly ready to come. Lucy's nearly ready" Jack says standing next to me and I smile. "We have plenty of time" I say remembering all the nearly times Lucy was ready. "Stop worrying Cristiano. She'll love it. It's a very nice thing to do for her" Maé says. "Elena helped. Lucy deserves this" I say.

"Oh look who's here" Maé says waving to Lucy's Dad as he walks towards us. "Good to see you Cristiano" Liam says extending his hand out. "You too Sir" I say thankful we are meeting again for a happier occasion. "I'm Lisa" the women next to Liam says. "Oh ya sorry. Lisa this is Cristiano and his mother Dolores" Liam says. "Hello again Liam. It's nice to meet you Lisa. Lucy has spoken so highly about you" Maé says. "I doubt that" Lisa says. "She has. She's really happy that you make her father happy" I say. "Oh well that's nice. It's nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you" Lisa says shaking my hand. "All bad of course" I say sadly. "Not always" she smiles.

"I hope your flight was ok?" I ask. "It was lovely. Liam certainly enjoyed himself" she says. "So Lucy really has no idea about tonight?" Liam asks. "Not a clue. I think anyway" I say as I move to take my phone out of my pocket. "We're outside" Elena texts. "Shit" I say. "Everything ok?" Lisa asks. "Ya it's fine. Lucy and Elena are outside" I say. "I'll tell Nuno and Jack to get everyone to hide" Maé says placing a kiss on my cheek. "Thanks Maé" I say. "We'll go hide too" Lisa says. "Will you relax. Lucy is hardly going to walk out on a room full of people" Liam says. "Maybe we should serve desert first" I say and he laughs. "You definitely know my daughter" he grins.

My heart is racing as Lucy surveys the room after receiving a shock. I watch as Elena grins at her. And as she hugs her Dad. Her smile never fading. Nuno nudges me to walk over to her and when I see Maé and my sisters talking to Lucy, I decide I should go say hi. I just hope she doesn't mind tonight. "You look wonderful. How is my grandchild?" I hear Maé ask as I come nearer to them.
"Starving like it's Mama I bet" I say and she turns to face me. She smiles and I smile at her. I love that smile.

"Why are exactly are you sitting with your back to Lucy's table? Especially when you are so desperate to see her" Nuno asks as I finish my desert. "Cos I won't be able to stop staring at her if I was facing her table" I say. "Well I hope you can talk to her cos she's on her way over. Did you get enough desert?" Nuno asks and look over my shoulder to find Lucy standing behind "You know me Nuno, I can never get enough ice cream" she smiles. "The choc chip was delicious. Ronnie here had all strawberry. A selection means different one I keep telling him" Nuno says "Guess I've started to like strawberry" I say trying not to remember all the happy times I had eating it with Lucy.