Jealousy

"Wow, (Y/N), you're better and better with every day!", Charles said smiling to you during your training. Your mutantion let you control air and you were slowly learning how to create the wind.

"Thank you, Charles, it's because you're the best teacher in the wolrd", you gave him flirty smile.

"Oh, stop it, I'm going to blush", he laughed.

"I hope so", you started to laugh too.

"(Y/N)!", familiar voice was calling you.

You turned your head. It was Erik, obviously.

"I think I gotta go!", you told Charles and ran to your boyfriend.

Erik was your boyfriend even before you two met Charles. While he was searching for Sebastian Shaw, you were captured by one of Shaw's friends. Erik came to his house to ask him about Shaw but also rescued you. You two fell in love and then you met Charles.

"What happened, honey?", you asked with a smile. You were still cheerful after a nice conversation with Charles.

"Aren't you having a little bit too much fun?", he asked seriously. You looked at him surprised, "You are supposed to be training"

"What's your problem?", your good mood has been just ruined by your boyfriend.

"I see how Charles is looking at you, darling. And you make it easy for him", Erik told you.

You were in shock.

"Have you lost your mind?", you scramed at him, "I can talk to anybody I want! I can have fun conversations with Charles if I want to! And I can smile at anyone I want to, Erik! You don't have to worry about him crossing the line, I won't let him"

"It's not about that, (Y/N)!"

"You don't trust me?", you asked.

"I don't trust them other boys"

You kissed Erik on the cheek.

"You're crazy, baby. You know I love only you. Charles is helping me a lot. He's clearly not interested in me, Erik. If he was, I wouldn't be so flirty around him"

"I hope you have it under control", Erik said and hugged you.

But after what Erik told you, you started to observe Charles. He was always cheerful around you and helped you with almost anything. When Erik was entering the room, Charles was becoming quiet. Was Erik right about his friend? One night it was only you and professor who stayed up late. He was reading a book in the library and you couldn't sleep so you went to the kitchen for a bottle of water. You saw the light in the library and you entered it.

"Knock, knock", you smiled.

"Oh, (Y/N), hi", Charles said smiling.

"What are you reading?"

"You know, some smart stuff", he said putting the book down.

"You think I'm not smart enough to understand?", you asked him pretending to be offended.

"No, no, I didn't mean that! Why are you here?", he asked, "Was Erik snoring?", he laughed.

"No, I couldn't sleep and was thirsty", you explained to him.

"Poor (Y/N)", Charles said and stood up to walk to you.

"Charles, I think I should go back right now", you told him. You weren't feeling comfortable at this very moment.

"(Y/N), stay, please. I want to talk to you", Charles said.

"About what?"

"I don't want you to think I'm a creep or something but...", he started. You were staring at him, not being able to believe he was actually starting this kind of conversation at 3 o'clock.

"Charles, we can talk tomorrow morning..."

"No, please. I've tried so many times to ask you but I think I'm able to do it only at night, I'm too ashamed", he looked at you with those blue eyes of his.

"Yeah, I understand that", you smiled encouraging him, "Tell me what you want and I gotta go"

"I think I'm in..."

"Excuse me?", Erik's voice made Charles stop.

"What are you doing here?", you asked Erik who was stainding right beside you. You could feel his big and steady, warm hands on your waist.

"I woke up, you weren't there, I had to find you. And here you are, alone with Charles in the library!", Erik was slightly angry and gave Charles a dirty look.

"Erik, we were just talking!"

"Charles, you wanted to ask me something important", you said looking at professor.

"Well... Um... I think I'm in... I'm in love with Moira. I wanted to ask for some help", he said and sighed.

You and Erik both looked at each other in shock.

"What?!", you asked. You were kind of disappointed after all those days of Erik telling you that Charles was in love with you. Of course you would always choose Erik but it was nice to think that other guys like you too.

"I know! I know! This love is unrequited!", Charles screamed and sat down burying his face in his hands.

"Man, I don't think so!", Erik said leaving your side and sitting next to professor, "Moira? She can't stop looking at you!"

"Really?", Charles looked at him.

"Yeah", Erik smiled, "Just go inside her head and find out"

"I don't want to! I'm afraid I'm gonna see something I wouldn't like"

"You won't find out if you don't risk", you told him bitterly, "Erik, let's go to our bedroom, I'm sleepy!"

"Oh, of course. Charles, you don't have to worry about Moira. You two are going to be amazing together!"

You and Erik left the library.

"But...", you started, "I was observing him. He was caring for me, talking to me, becoming quiet everytime you were entering the room..."

"Oh, come on, (Y/N), he's just friendly and you know that!", Erik smiled at you.

"What?! You were telling me he was in love with me!"

"I see you were planning on leaving me for him but I got bad news for you, babygirl. You gotta be with me, no other choice", Erik joked.

"You're terrible!", you rolled your eyes and held his hand.