Part | 6 |

Youngjae's POV

"Youngjae! Come back!" Tears stream down my face as I race down the hallway. He's gone. He's really...

•ㅅ•

Earlier that day...

"Mark! You're here!" I hug Mark as soon as he comes in, grateful that I'll finally know the truth. He sits down on the hospital bed, his mood quickly darkening.

Dr. Kim was still at the door, grumpy as usual. Weird guy. "Thanks for calling me, Dr. Kim." He smiles slightly and exits, leaving us alone. "So... I don't really know where to start..."

He bites his lip and I smile to show my patience. "That's ok. I'll ask questions." He nods. "Let's start easy. What's my name?" He laughs.

"Youngjae."

"Good. When's my birthday?"

"Hmmmm...." He spends a while thinking so I slap him on the arm. "I'm kidding! September 17th!"

"Ok..." Harder questions now. "Where's Jinyoung?"

His head tilts in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, why wasn't he here, supporting you? The nerve of that guy... I swear, if I wasn't in this bed, I would've-"

"Wait. Why would he be here?"

"I-" Now I'm confused. "Did you guys break up? Or..."

"No... We never dated..." His expression turns cold. "Why would you even joke about that? It's not funny." He rubs his arms up and down as if he were cold.

"Wait... Yes you did. You guys met through Jaebum."

He shakes his head. "Why do you keep bringing him up?"

"Because he's my boyfriend!" The conversation escalates into an argument.

"You guys never went out. Stop saying that, it worries me." My eyelids are now brimming with tears.

"What happened?" I ask, ignoring his statement.

"Um." He shifts uncomfortably and sits crisscrossed on the bed, holding my hand for dear life. "Well we were walking... Do you remember?"

Flashes of him and I laughing, the sidewalk, and the bush appear in my memory. "Yeah. We were..." Bits and pieces came back slowly. "We were talking about how cute the relationship was between JB and I."

Mark shakes his head and sighs. "You guys weren't dating. Do you remember how much he annoyed you? You called him a stalker! How can you not remember?" Stalker?

"I- I mean yeah but that was before..."

"No! That's what I'm trying to tell you! You didn't like him, he liked you and we were walking and talking about him! I told you to wait somewhere because he told me earlier that he needed help... To go out with you." He mumbles out the last part, a tear running down his cheek. "He was going to ask you out at this place you went to as kids and..." He starts fully crying. "And I left to give you guys privacy like he said. But he was late!" I pull him in close. "A car came... He-he..."

The car pops up in my head and it all comes back, crashing down on me like a storm. "J-Jaebum." I break down crying, realizing he could be seriously hurt. "He-he came and saved me. From t-the car."

Mark looks up and nods. "I-I tried to run and help but... He was... So... So bloody." He breaks down again, wetting my hospital gown. I cry on his clothing so it makes us even. "I'm sorry." We cry in each other's arms, silence enveloping us.

Holy Shit. 1K.
Please vote 💕