Prologue

Kemazo, somewhat...

Kathlean's POV.

It was like any other day. I went down to the stable to clean Kemazo's stall. When I got there to find that he was gone, I was not pleased. "I swear that dragon is too smart for his own good" I huffed. He was always getting out and playing with other dragons while they were training, irritating the dragons' riders. But, it was easier to clean his stall when he wasn't around to mess it up. So I would just have to go find him when I was done.

After I get Kemazo's stall all cleaned up, then will be the fun part. Finding Kemazo and cleaning him. I say this knowing how much of a goof ball he is. When I wash him, I'm usually more wet than him. This happens for everything we do, he just can't stop playing around or making a mess. As many issues as he's caused and has been the biggest pain (literally), I still love him. Having a dragon is very special. You see, when one comes of age, is mature enough, and passes the test, they are sent to look for a dragon egg with a very special crystal. This crystal will either glow, vibrate, or make sounds when you are near or touching the young dragon or egg that is meant for you. No one knows the reason, how, or why it is able to do it but it can. There are many different kinds of dragons, each are very different. A dragon of fire will eat meat as will most, but dragons of earth or sky does not eat meat but plants, but all dragons, none-of-the-less are picky eaters.

Kemazo is a Hybrid. He is a mix of Sky and Spirit. He is a sleek, metallic blue-green. I find he's a pretty handsome dragon. Anyways, back to what I was doing. (Searching for my annoying, yet lovable dragon) After searching many places and talking to many dragon riders, I found Kemazo with a good friend of mine, Roger and his dragon, Rapture. A sleek, dark brown, Earth/Sky hybrid. That had apparently played together a good chunk of the day.

On the way home, a huge bang sounded from one of the realm boarders that shook the earth bellow our feet so bad that we both fell, me almost getting crushed by Kemazo. And of course, being the normal, curious and stupid spirits, we are, flew over to where it happened.

When we were on the ground, I got Kemazo to follow me, at least I thought. Busy in my search to find out what had caused the 'earthquake', I had lost him again. Changing my search, I followed my tracks back through the imprinted (really) tall grass, I found where his track was and continued heading where his broke off from mine.

When I saw him, his back was facing me, head down and his wing and tail were half open and half up. He only twitched his 'ear' to say he acknowledged my presence, after I had called out his name. But he seemed to be very focused on what was in front of him. When I finally got around him, I found a young girl, no older than 15. When she saw me she looked me strait in the eyes, then back at Kemazo. "You have a really nice dragon ma'am. Though, I never knew that dragons were real, before now." She said while giving a small smile and a strangely mature look. When she looked back at me, she jerked out her hand, and with a big grin said, "My name is Elizabeth. I am 13 years old. I live with my mom alone other then my older brother, Johnathan, in Barry. My favourite colour is light blue, and I loved to read, draw, and dance." There was so much pride in the statement that I smiled, shook her hand, and introduced us. "I'm Kathlean, I am 22 years old. I live alone for the most part, I do not have any family left. My favourite colour would have to be green. I love drawing and riding my dragon," then pointing at Kemazo, I continued, "This is my dragon Kemazo, he is about 4 years of age. He lives with me and is my best friend. I think his favourite colour is purple, and he loves to play and soar high in the air."

After this I change my tone to a more serious one, "It's clear your not from here, but how did you get through the barrier? Even the most powerful dragon riders can't get through any of the barriers." She had a puzzled look on her face before she answered. "To be honest, I am not quite sure how I got here. But I do know I can't go back... at least not yet. It's like there is an invisible yet foggy wall, and I don't know how to get back to the other side." At the last part there was a hint of sadness in her eyes.

"I have an idea, but you're going to have to trust me and listen to what I tell you." Elizabeth nodded her head for me to go on. "You can stay with me for now, but we can't cause any trouble or bring any attention to us. They won't take to a realm stranger to easily, if you understand what I mean?" I asked. I needed to know that she understood the danger and risk it was for both of us if I took her in. Gratefully, we were on the same page, "I understand." "Good, then we better make our way home. It will be dark very shortly." And with that, we both climbed onto Kemazo, her arms rapped around my abdomin, and flew back to our home.

Thanks for reading. Please comment what you think of it, if I should keep going or just stop. But please don't be too rude about it, it is my first story... And I hope you enjoyed it. 😁👍💬💭😝