Chapter 3

Charlotte's POV
My alarm sounds once again. I smack it and start my daily routine. Brushing my teeth. I brush my teeth first thing cause I hate the taste in my mouth when I wake up. Agree?
Anyway I proceed to my shower. I use my cherry blossom shower shampoo and strawberry body wash. I love showers. Who doesn't am I right?
So I rap a towel around my body and get to picking out my clothes. I pick a clack T-shirt and dark skinny jeans with little black ankle boots. I put on my clothes and dry my hair, and straighten it and put it in a messy bun.
As you can see I love messy buns, there messy yet sophisticated at the Same time. I grab my back pack and head downstairs quietly. I go to my cabinet and get a apple and go to my fridge and get a water bottle and head out the door.
I close the door and lock it and start walking. Today I was gonna be on time. I then see Peter walking out of his house, with his bag, and he looks really nice today. He's wearing a blue T-shirt and dark jeans with some vans. Let's just say I really like the outfit.
"Hey Charlotte wait up!" He yells.
I stop and wait for him.
"I thought your mom drives you?"
"She usually does but I told her I didn't need a ride today cause I gotta walking buddy now"
I laughed.
"Alright walking buddy."
And we just talk on the way there. I really like how free I feel with Peter.
I learned a lot about him. His dog is named Miley but shes getting put down today cause she has cancer. His favorite color is blue. He likes cars, the muscle cars, and he wants to be a architect when hes older
So where laughing when I notice we arrived at school.
And we where early so not many people where there. There was mainly just staff walking around. And so we walked.
It's a lot easier to walk in the hallways when there aren't so many people.
"Hey Charlotte?"
"Hey what?" I giggle a little
"What was up last night?"
I instantly froze in mid-step.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean like how you panicked about your dad seeing me? Is he overprotective or something?"
Oh if only he knew. My dad would love to put me in a body bag.
"No. He's just really strict is all." That's a understatement I thought.
"Oh alright."
So we eventually just sit by the stairs.
"So do you have a phone?"
"Yes I have a phone."
"May I have your number?"
"Only if I can have yours" I joked and he laughed. And damn I swear is laugh was like music.
We exchanged numbers and before we knew it students roamed the hallways and we headed for art class. We sat at the same table we picked yesterday and we just talked some more
~~~~
The good thing about having or I should say in the process of getting a friend is that Peter is in every class with. So he walks me to every class. It makes my anxiety lesson cause I have someone to walk with. Right now w are at lunch. And we sat together at lunch. We got to our table and he got food. And I mean like he stacked his plate with so much food.
"Wow. You eat a lot." I chuckled
"Yeah well I'm a growing boy char. Is it alright if I call you that?"
"Yeah it's fine." I said while I chuckled at the growing boy remark.
"Why don't you eat?"
Well I don't eat because my dad doesn't put money in my account and last time I tried bringing food to school I got punished because he claimed I was stealing all the food and being selfish. So I don't eat a lot.
"I don't eat cause I'm not hungry."
"But your so skinny that I swear the wind could blow you away. Do u want some of my food I got plenty to share?"
"No it's fine but thank you."
He shrugs and continues to eat. So I wait for him to stop eating and then talk to him. And we talk until the bell rings. I don't think I have ever talked to someone more in my life then Peter.
So we walk to our next class. It's 5th period. Math. Ugh I hate math.
We walk into 5th period and go to our assigned seats. Unfortunately he doesn't sit next to me. I sit in the front while he sits behind me. We talk until the teacher comes in.
"Alright class get your text books and go to page 236 and do 1-8 and then turn it in by the end of class.
Someone raises there hand.
"Yes... Sarah"
"Can we work in groups?"
My stomach jumped at this. I cross my fingers cause I wanna work with Peter. He's like the only friend I got and I enjoy his presence.
"Yes but only if you guys use your inside voices."
So people move around the room and I get tapped on the shoulder.
"Can I work with you char?" I knew it was Peter.
"Yeah come sit next to me cause I don't wanna walk."
So he walks to my desk with his textbook and we start working. I get my pencils and gel pens cause I like to make my work pretty.
I number 1-8 and write all the problems. I'm not naming all the problems because just looking at it gives me a headache.
"Um are you good at math? because I'm not."
"Then be glad I'm your partner chat cause I'm excellent in math."
So we do the work together and Peter teaches it in a way to me that doesn't make me want to rip my hair out. It's like he dumbs it down for me which I like. I just kinda stare it him though. Like his hair just falls perfectly in the right place, never out of place. And his face. Like I know it's weird to say you like someone's face but I really like his face. The way he strokes his hair and his eyebrows scrunch because he's confused. It's honestly really cute.
I hear snapping and I come back to reality
"Char??? Earth to char?"
"What?"
"You spaced out" he chuckled
"Sorry math does that to me ya know?"
"Yeah that sometimes happens to me."
We get our worksheets done and turn them in right when the bell rings.
~~
Last period is over as I hear the bell sound. I pack up things an wait for Peter.
When Peter is ready we walk together outside and start on our way home.
"What days do you have work?"
"Oh I have it on Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings because I requested my work schedule to get changed."
"Oh cool. Where do you work?"
"I work at a diner. Hampton. You know of it?"
"I have heard of it but I don't think I have been there."
"Oh well you should try it sometime"
Yeah that would be great. To go on a nice lovely dinner with a loving family I don't have.
"Maybe"
" oh and um do you need a math tutor? Cause I could tutor you in math if you want?"
That would be honestly so cool. Especially since I'm failing math. But what about my dad? I would have to figure something out. The good thing about my house is that my bedroom window happens to be on the side of peters house. Loop hole! Yay.
"That would be awesome! When do you want to start?"
" hmm well if you want we can study tomorrow?"
"Alright where?"
"You can come to my house if you want?" He asks
"That's perfect!"
"Tomorrow at six?"
"Sounds like a plan"
We get to our own houses. We say our goodbyes and walk towards our doors. I unlock the door and walk inside and lock the door.
I look at the time 3:30 good right on time as I start towards the kitchen I get punched to the floor. I look up at my dad.
It's not normal for him to be home this early. I wonder what happened. He grabbed me by my hair and slammed me against the door.
"Why do you look like a fucking slut!?"
What is he even talking about. T-shirt and jeans are not slutty?
"Answer my question!"
"I don't look like a slut." I say with my voice shaking.
"Are you fucking arguing with me?!"
"No I'm not"
"Yeah you are so shut up!" He yells as he smacks me and punches my till I can barely stand. My vision blurry and I feel something warm trickle from my head. I collapse on the floor and touch my head. My fingers where red with blood. My dad just sneers at me and continues with 5x the strength. Kicking and punching and I'm starting to fade out of consciousness when my dad stops and laughs. Then he walks away.  When I eat my bearings back together I try to get up and walk to my room.
  My phone buzzes in my pocket.
Peter:Hey! :D you ok? I heard shouts and yelling from your house?
What do I say to that?
Me: yeah I'm fine.
I walk to my bathroom an wash my face with a washcloth. I on pj's on. And I wake to my bed.
I then hear something at my window. I open it up to see Peter. At fort he's happy to see me but then his face from happy to complete worry.
"What happened????" He yelled.
I put my finger to my lips signaling him to be quiet l. He nods and I make a signal for him to wait a minute. He nods and I get some shoes on. I walk back to my window an climb down the window. I make it to the ground and signal for him to be quiet. And I lead the way to the side walk away from my house.
"Charlotte what happened to you??"