one hundred ninety-nine

once she saw the boy, she turned away and ran back outside. she may be dramatic, but her emotions were too much to handle at one time. the rain was starting to pour more heavily, already soaking her. she was about to turn the corner when she felt a hand at her elbow.

she turned and came face to face with mikey. his pink hair was now wet with rain and he looked out of breath, probably from running to her.

to her surprise, mikey pulled his hands away to sign to her, 'wait.'

her surprise gave the boy more time to talk to her. 'please listen to me.'

she sighed, before nodding slowly, her heart pounding so loud in her chest.

'i love you.' he signed.

the words knocked the breath out of her chest.

'i love being with you, it's something i can't describe.' he seemed to sign with frustration before reaching in his jean pocket for a pile of notecards. he flipped the first one to face her. they were written in black sharpie, but the rain was beginning to deform them.

'i need you in my life.' the first one read before he flipped it so she could read the second notecard.

'you are the most beautiful girl ive ever met, and you take my breath away every-time i see you.'

'for the first time, in years, i feel as if i belong to someone.'

'and i think we belong together. even though i may be an asshole some times.'

she chuckled at his words, wrapping her arms around herself as the cold rain seeped through her clothing.

'im not the best person. im usually at my lowest and some days i don't feel like trying anymore. i don't feel like trying to make things right or better for myself.'

'but you, quinn, you bring out the best in me.'

'if im showing you these notecards, it's because i can't remember sign language for shit, but besides that,'

'please give me one last chance.'

he tucked the notecards into his pocket, slowly stepping closer to her as she did nothing, trying to process what he had just said. his thumb was lifted to wipe her cheek. she didn't even realize she was crying. quinn raised her head up to meet his devastated eyes.

"listen, i know this is so sudden of me to—," quinn interrupted him, moving up to press her lips against his.

it was tsunami of emotions. first, surprise. second, passion. third, relief as if they've been waiting to do this the second they met. they melted into each other's arms, their lips interlocked as the rain fell on them.

his lips were soft and warm, inviting her into a cocoon she never wanted to leave. they stood there in the falling rain, letting their kiss stitch back together the broken pieces they had.

...

-QUINN-

we were dazing off, my head on his chest, hearing the soft rhythm of his heartbeat. i lazily traced small patterns onto his naked skin, feeling the warmth radiating from him. everything felt perfect. i wanted to frame this moment, a moment without fear and insecurity. a moment of pure love.

he ran his hand up and down my arm soothingly, sending chills throughout my body. i grinned, looking up to see him smiling adorably down at me. i leaned up to press what felt like the hundredth kiss to his lips, but i didn't care. i would kiss him a hundred times more.

he smiled against the gentle kiss, pulling back only to leave a small kiss to my forehead.

"thank you," he mouthed as i tilted my head to the side in confusion.

"for giving me a chance, although i don't deserve one." i shook my head once i saw the sadness seep into his eyes. he was so vulnerable, a state almost no one saw him in. it made my heart hurt to think he didn't think he wasn't good enough.

"i love you." i used my voice, making him smile gently. i wasn't always deaf. i lost my hearing when i was around eight, so i knew what the words sounded like, but i hadn't talked in years. my voice probably sounded croaky and low.

"i love you too."

we kissed again and again. it started off so gentle and innocent at first. as if we were both made from fragile material. but then the kiss would begin to change from a spark to a raging fire. it became more frantic as if one second, the other person would disappear.

maybe happily ever afters did exist, after all.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

omg this took so long to finish... i actually finished the story a while ago but I had yet to post it. i just so happened to log in and i remembered- hey this story is finished why not post it? i want to say thank you and sorry to my old and new readers. thank you for all the reads, comments, and likes. thank you. thank you.

i started this book a while ago. my writing style has changed drastically. im actually working on publishing a book. but just getting back on this app im reminded how much I love the community here. i love writing fanfics and i have thought about returning back to here.

so if i do return (if i do i promise or try to update more often than i used to) what kind of fanfics would you guys want to see?

most of my fanfics (deleted and undeleted) were about 5sos, but tbh im kind of out of that fandom (sorry!)

but yeah ill brainstorm ideas but again,
thank you so much.