two

Chapter Two; "What good is a witch with no magic?"

Present

Adelaide watched her sister grow impatient and typing messages on her phone as they stopped at the Mikaelson mansion.

"Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get us back to this godforsaken city, then well done. We're here, and we're worried, and Adelaide's impatient. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door."

Rebekah walks up the front steps and opens the door, Adelaide following. She walks in as Hayley comes down the stairs, wielding a fire iron.

"Who the hell are you?" Hayley asked lifting the iron glancing between the two girls.

"Oh, you must be the maid. Our bags are in the car - get them, will you?" Rebekah asked.

Adelaide nodded, "Yeah. Unless you want to get fired."

Hayley, smiling wryly,and puts down the iron poker.

"Hello." The wolf greeted. "Not the maid." she added.

Adelaide nodded at the girls words, "Right. Your the werewolf that my brother, Klaus, knocked up."

"I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet. It's Hayley isn't it?" Rebekah asked the her.

"You have two your brother's manners." Hayley told the two sarcastically.

"And his temper, too, so watch it." The blonde warned.

Adelaide looked around, "Where's 'Lijah?"

"Beats me. He's long gone." Hayey shrugged.

"What do you mean, "long gone"?"

"Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me in this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions got me into - he was all poetic about how we're family - and then Klaus told me he bailed. Guess that's what I get for trusting a vampire." Hayley answered, not noticing the glare she was receiving from Adelaide.

"Elijah is not just any vampire, and he doesn't break promises."

Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like. Klaus! Get out from out the and tell me what you've done with our brother. You narcissistic bastard. I hope you aren't jacking off to Selena Gomez back there!" Adelaide yelled angirly

Klaus opens a pair of doors and enters the room. "Enough with all the shouting. Little sisters, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?" He asked and walked over to Adelaide wiping the dried blood off her cheek, causing her to roll her eyes.

"They were very rude." Rebekah added shortly.

"Trying to victimize two poor, innocent girls just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends." Rebekah said smirking at her brother.

"Nor will he ever." Adelaide smirked, trying to provoke her brother, but to no avail.

"I do have friends. I have Marcel." Klaus said looking between his sisters, before turning to Rebekah, "You remember him, don't you? Yes, of course you do. He fancies himself the 'King of the Quarter' now, and he has these rules about killing vampires. It'll be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you two."

"Rules have never applied to me before Nik. So what makes you think I care about Marcel's?" Adelaide asked.

"And Elijah doesn't welch on deals. What did you do to him?" Rebekah questioned going back to earlier's topic.