Holiday

Chapter 8

Sitting on the beach with the earphone tucked into my ears while the breeze blowing at my direction it felt great. Frost told me it was the best if I stayed away from the beach water, and I hate to admit I agree with him.

The last time I went to the beach for family holiday it did not end up well. The closer I got to the beach water the louder the noise becomes. That is why I had the earphone ready tucked into my ear ready to drown any of those unnecessary noise in my head.

The auditory hallucination is really pain in the neck, and it could be very scary. Imagine yourself being caged by a lot of sinister voices inside your head all talking at once. You try to make out what they are trying to say, but in the end you got no answer, and by the end you get throbbing pain in the head body feeling heavy your eyes closing.

It's a pain.

I look up catching my Frost playing volley in the beach sand with Darren Alex's brother. He is the guy I saw moving in his stuff next door with the big piano I never knew this guy is my brother best friend. It's a surprise a very surprising coincidence.

I look at the beach water the wave coming in onto the shore. I am very tempted to go in and enjoy the water rushing up to my body but I should heed my brother warning. It's better if I stay up here than in there, but then again what could hurt.

I saw Alex standing on top of the boulder her long blue hair sways at the direction of the wind. Her skin is really smooth and perfect. I watched her as she climbed down the boulder and dove into the water challenging the wave. She swam up the shore and grabbed a surf board. She smiles and her brother looked at her and grins. They both clap their hands as Alex quickly races up into water sitting on the board waiting for a big wave.

I waited in anticipation. I just wanted to mouth my words no way when an oversize wave showed up as Alex rode on it. Her cross choker necklace dances in the wind her blue hair races through air. She looks like she rules the water. She obviously looks like a god or a goddess.

Darren, Frost, Aidan, and me clapped our hands. Alex rushed to my side I can't help but to feel butterflies fluttering inside my stomach. She smiles down at me. The water drop on her body looks like a jewelry.

I pulled down the earphone handing a bottle of water to her. "Thanks," she said drinking it and sitting down by my side. "Why not go take a dip?"

"I can't. It's a disease I have."

"Disease! What disease?"

"Well its not a really a disease is a hallucination an auditory hallucination. That's why I listen to music all the time to just get away from things."

"What do you hear?"

"I don't know just things there are just so many voices they sound so desperate it seems they are crying out for my help, but I just can't make out their words."

"Weird. Usually auditory hallucination happens when you're stuck on the past and can't get out."

"I don't know. I guess I am just different, and it sucks."

"Being different isn't bad it all actually depends on your definition of different."

I stare at in confusion but she looks all depressed suddenly her eyes they became lonely again as she looked up into the sky. She looked sad.

~*~

At night time we had steak for dinner we had plenty of wine it was all on mg brother tag he insisted. My brother sure got wasted Darren and Aidan had to carry him to the hotel. Alex and I walked back to the hotel feeling slightly dizzy and drunk Alex helped me out a bit. I was giggling all the way.

We had two rooms booked one for the boys and one for the girls. The rooms were extravagant, of course, this is rated as a 5 star hotel quite expensive, but today we all had fun it was worth it.

Heading back to the hotel room I realized that I was going to sleeping in the same room with Alex alone. My stomach quickly took a twitched of anticipation. It was a bad idea for me and Alex to be sleeping in the same room.

As soon as Alex put me down on to the bed. She grabbed a mineral water from the refrigerator for me to drink. I drank but I was still high from drinking I grabbed Alex hand pulling her down on top of me I smile still giggling.

"Ariadne, you're drunk," Alex explained her breath touched my neck. I shivered.

"I'm not," I whispered.

"I have to go," she said rapidly trying to get up but I held her hands tightly she fell back on top of me her body touching on mine she looked down avoiding my gaze.

"Why won't you look at me, Alex?" She looked up. She took a deep breath. She was hesitant.

"You're drunk, Ariadne."

"Answer me, Alex," I complained. Tears started to stream down my eyes. "I love you."

Her eyes widened. "We can't. I mean I can't."

"Why?"

"Be-because II'm different."

"I want to know, please." She sigh rubbing the tears in my eyes away.

"I can't tell you. At least not yet."

More tears started to stream down my eyes. Her face was only a few inches away from mine bravely, I moved my head towards her my lips touched her. She was shocked she didn't move, but when I moved she started to moving along in sync.

In the next morning I remembered everything that had happen that night. I slept with Alex, but then the weird thing. I wasn't in the hotel room. I was underwater and I was breathing, but I couldn't move.