Let There Be Light

In the midst of that storm where raging thunders rise before the dawn, blurry shapes then surfaced around me. Ashes of naught and smoke filled the air where the surroundings lay wasted with littered blood and dead bodies. Everything perishes under the green light of fire. It is truly horrific scenery.

There it is again... Gnarls of living beasts, sings at the sound of steels. Tall crown above the clouds is hidden behind the shade of the storm. It becomes the witness where I am shunned alone, forced to hear the screaming of pain.

At last the time stops, rain drops are halted and the voices disappears. I gaze to the distance where those clasps of wings started to be heard. It swirls around, creating discord that sweeps away everything.

A black humongous figure it is... Strong and stern, the shadow that unveils the figure makes it hard to see. It becomes blurry again.

I hear someone is calling out to me... A familiar voice in the distance... A kind voice I long to hear, and face I hope never to forget.

The black figure then emerges above the ground. Along with the ashes that have filled the sky gray and grim, Red eyes then staring deep. Through the edge of its skin, I can clearly sense the heat of flame is bursting out.

As it growing closer to me, I become unable to move. Anxiously waiting for that dark shade to come closer and eventually devour me whole.

I hear it again. A familiar voice in the distance, a kind voice I long to hear and face I hope never to forget.

Thus, I awake from that dream.

Jitters in the featherbed I opened my eyes. I lay there not only soaked in sweat, but also short on breath. What was it? I thought to myself. A fleeting dream that felt more real than any dream I had before. Through the back of my eyes, I can still remember vividly the scenery that was shown inside that dream.

I pull myself up and sit above the feather bed. Then I draw a long breath, trying to clear my mind of those images I had. It is then I hear the sound of the birds comes chirping in, trying to sign me of the time. Through the sheet over this small tent, the sun already enlighten all the inside bright. It is another beautiful morning.

"David!” from afar I can hear that loud voice was calling me. Running through the ruins of old houses, that person calls my name with some sort of excitement.

It was rather high-spirited voice, and just by a glance, I knew it was Hanna, A girl I knew since my younger days. Hanna is a gentle and kind girl I hold dear. She has energetic personality that mixed with short temper and recklessness. Her bright smile described gently the feeling of warmth, the same as her blond hair as gold as the sun itself. She was the 7th.

Her figure is getting close, and through the linen, she barges inside without hesitating or shows any sense of guilt or manners of some sort. I notice painted innocent smile, the kind, which gives me a bad feeling. Thus, I draw a long breath, a gesture I often make when knowing I am about to be dragged into something troublesome.

"... You look so pale! Are you alright?" She asks

I nod to politely answer her question. However, just as I stand her face suddenly becomes closer while she looks at me with troubled eyes.

"Why are you looking so down in the morning? Come with me, the others are waiting! Hanna says excitedly.

She then drags me as if I am a cart in her possession to the outside, where the day is already at its peak. As soon as I come out, the sunlight pierces my eyes, dazzle me with the scenery of the fold and remnants of an old village left abandoned from long ago.