Chapter 22

Amanda and I are at the beach with our families. The boys are songwriting and promised to hang out with us when they’re done. Our families left to get everyone lunch, leaving Amanda and I alone.

“Amanda” I nudge her shoulder. Amanda pulls out her headphones and looks at me expectantly

“Before our families come back, I have to tell you something.” I look around to make sure they weren’t coming back. No Brunner’s or Green’s in sight. “It happened. Luke and I had sex last night”

I laugh as Amanda tackles me onto my towel, screaming and congratulating me.

She asks me to tell her the story, so I do.

“That’s so hot, wow” she compliments and I nod, my cheeks flushing as I relive last night in my head.

My thoughts are interrupted when an unfamiliar voice speaks

“Hey. You girls are like 16-20, right?” a guy with short, brown hair asks

“Yeah, 17” I nod warily

“Me and some friends are having a party tonight at 136 East 42nd Street. 8:00. You girls wanna come?”

I look at Amanda and she nods excitedly

“Sure. Can we bring friends?”

“How many?”

“Four”

“Yup, that’s fine. I’m Sean by the way” He sticks his hand out in front of me. I grab it and shake

“Taylor”

Sean shakes hands with Amanda and they introduce themselves

“See you girls later” Sean winks and walks away

_~_

“Guys are you almost ready? We gotta go!” Calum whines from behind the door

I take my hair out of the brain and shake out the long, brown waves so they fall over my shoulders and down my back. Amanda applies one last flick of mascara on her eyelashes before nodding at me.

“Ready!” we reply and walk out to leave

We all pack into the car, Ashton driving, Amanda riding shot gun, Cal and Michael in the back row and Luke and I in the middle row.

Luke places a hand on my thigh and squeezes it tenderly.

“You look so beautiful today” he whispers in my ear. I’m wearing black acid wash high-waisted shorts, a white crop top and black Doc Martens. I shift to look at him. Luke is wearing blue jeans that cuff right above the knee, a white V-neck, flip-flops and a navy blue beanie that rests on his quiffed blonde hair.