Chapter 14

"Why isn't this getting covered!" I was trying to blend concealer on my neck and collarbone. Charles left bite marks all over me and they wouldn't cover themselves up!

I wouldn't be able to hide this. "A scarf! Why didn't I think of this?" I remembered I had a scarf in my wardrobe. That could cover up the bite marks.

I adjusted my scarf so it would cover up all of the marks. I hoped no one noticed any marks. My only wish is that no one takes off my scarf.

I was about to open my door when someone else opened it from outside. "Mason? I told you to give me my key! How did you get it?" I thought I saw my key on the table.

"I have my ways. Any who, do you want to go out for breakfast?" He leaned on the door frame lazily.

"Sure, why not? I've got nothing better to do." I shrugged my shoulders and twirled a strand of my hair with my fingers.

"Stop trying to be cute. Let's just go before I do anything." He grabbed my hand and forcefully pulled me along behind him.

~~~~~

Once we ordered our food, Mason began to look at his phone. He didn't talk and occasionally looked up to look for the waiter.

"You know it's rude to be on your phone. What kind of a romantic morning date is this?" I tried to tease him to get his attention.

It seemed to work because he almost dropped his phone when I said date. "This is a date? I mean if you want it to be a date, then I'll gladly say it is. I never expected Eli to say something like that." He smiled.

"Don't get cocky. I was only playing around to get you off your phone."

"So now you're playing with me? That's my job." Mason took a sip of his coffee.

"Why did you take me out to eat? Is there something you need?" He usually would never do this unless he needed something.

He almost choked on his coffee when I said that. "I can't just take out the girl I like? I don't need something, unless you meant if I need you, then yes. I do need someone."

The waitress came over and gave us our food. We said thank you at the same time and she giggled. She looked about 30 and had red hair, her brown eyes looked at Mason, then me, and Mason again. "You seem like a cute couple. It's rare to see young lovers out on breakfast dates around here."

I was about to reject her claim of us being lovers but Mason began to talk before I could think about what to say. "I just wanted to treat my girlfriend. I really love her and I'd do anything to make her happy." He took my hand from across the table.

The waitress blushed and looked at me. "Don't let him go. He's a good guy, okay? Enjoy your meal." She patted my shoulder and left.

I let go of Mason's hand and looked at him. "Why did you say I was your girlfriend? I'm definitely not your girlfriend!"

"Come on Eli. You clearly wanted me to call you my girlfriend. It was written all over your face." He ran his hand through his hair and winked at me.

I scowled at him. "Is that supposed to seduce me? I don't want a guy who is always going to try and toy with me."

"I won't toy with you. Promise. Oh, can you come over my place after this? I need help with the sciences homework. I swear, it's not a joke."

He seemed to take notice of my doubtful face. If it was just homework then sure, I'll go and help him. We ate our meal and headed to his dorm once we were done.

~~~~~

"Are you sure we're not bothering Jaxon?" I remembered that Mason had a roommate.

"He's not here, he has class." Mason unlocked the door and opened the door for me.