Chapter 5 - The fears you knew you had (and some you didn't)

Disclaimer: For the billionth time: I DO NOT OWN PJO, HOO OR HP, J.K. Rowling and Rick Riordan own their own books (amazingly.)

Chapter 5 - The fears you never knew you had

Nico held his breath as he Shadow Travelled out of his room that night, into the corridor just outside the Library. Fortunately, down this part of the school there were few paintings, and 9/10 times they would be asleep, but there always seemed to be more teachers lurking, who did not believe it when he frantically explained that he had been given permission to roam the corridors after dark.

Speaking of after dark... he rubbed his temples as a headache began to bloom - an unfortunate side effect, it seemed, of having the people you were meant to 'help' be dragged in at some ridiculous, Gods-forsaken time in the night, only to start nattering on about Hagrid until midnight, when he had finally been able to persuade them to go to sleep. Even then he had to wait until there were no more noises coming from their dorm before he could go.

With a quiet irritated sigh, he began swiftly walking, slipping through the half-open doors to the Library and moving through the towering shelves as quietly as a ghost. After a few moments of walking, the son of Hades's eyes landed on a poorly locked door.

Not even bothering with it, Nico simply Shadow Travelled in, his feet carrying him through the isles, picking up every book he could find on dark wizards, Horcruxes (of which there was only one) and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named (at least Wizard understood the power of names, unlike a certain son of Poseidon he could mention.)

Look through books alphabetically. That way you'll be able to know whether or not you've already read a book just by the first few letters, a tired voice grumbled.

Get some sleep, Hecate. I'm capable of lying and generally acting suspicious without you.

You are a rude little Demigod, aren't you?

Despite the Goddess's admonishment, after that there was silence, so she must have listened to him (for once) and gone to get so sleep. Sadly, Nico was not so lucky.

For two long, tedious hours, he sat there and read, occasionally moving to another part of the Library when Filch's shadow drew near.

It was three O'clock before he gave up, growling angrily as he returned books, not one of them having helped him in the slightest.

I don't know what I was expecting, there's not gonna be a bloody bulletpoint list of all the Horcruxes and their locations in the Hogwarts Library.

With a final irritated sigh, the son of Hades stepped into the shadows, reappearing in front of his bed. He barely had  shrugged off his jacket he crawled under the covers - and was out like a light.

-------------------------------------------Line Break-------------------------------------------

The weasel didn't show up in classes until late on Thursday morning, when the Slytherins and Gryffindors were halfway through double Potions. He swaggered into the dungeon with all the arrogance of a God, his right arm covered in bandages and bound up in a sling, acting, in Nico's opinion, like Percy should have acted after the war with Gaea (if he was a normal person who was lacking in humility.)

"How is it, Draco?" Some random girl simpered. "Does it hurt much?"

Nico grit his teeth as Draco replied dramatically, forcing himself to concentrate on the potion in front of him.