In Love With A Soldier - Chapter 11

Ajay’s P.O.V

Oh my god I love this girl. I smiled at that thought. Scarlet made my whole life shine, and brighten a little more each day. I was interrupted in my thoughts when I heard my phone ring. I tightened my hold on the steering wheel, and looked up at the red light before I picked it up, and seen Justin was calling me.

“Hello.”

“Ajay I need you to help me.” I heard his voice, and he sounded angry.

“Sure what do you need help with?” I asked concerned.

“I need you to go to Scarlet’s mom’s house, and help me get her and pack all of her things from there.” He said in a more rushed tone.

“I just dropped her off, and I’m going home. What’s going on?” I asked turning into a McDonalds parking lot to turn around, and go back to Scarlet’s house.

“She just called me, and said she can’t stand to live with her mom, and that piece of sh!t anymore. I want her out of there I can’t take her living there anymore.”

“Yeah, I’m on my way. Is she staying at your new place tonight?”

“No. I’m not finished with it yet. So I was wondering if she could stay with you for a while, if that’s okay?” He asked sounding concerned.

“That’s no problem. I’ll be there in like 10 minutes.” He hung up, and I sighed, but also swelled up with pride knowing her dad trusted me so much. I drove a little over the speed limit, because I just needed to see her, and make sure she’s okay, and find out what the h*ll is going on. I pulled into her driveway, and I could see Justin was already here.

I walked up to the door, and heard yelling like no other. I haven’t even heard my drill sergeant yell like this. I noticed the door was already cracked open. I pushed it open, and looked in. I could see Linda and Justin in each others faces, and Clint standing next to Linda, looking at my girl like she was a piece of meat, who was standing behind Justin.

The door creaked a little and everybody wend silent, and looked at me.

“YOU!!! You’re the reason this is happening!” Next thing I know Linda is in my face, and has me backed against the wall.

“Ma’ma you need to calm down.” I put some space between us, and walked towards Scarlet. “Will somebody tell me what the problem is?” Scarlet hugged onto me, and I wrapped my arms around her to make her feel safe.

“He’s trying to take our daughter away!” I heard Clint say. I couldn’t believe he just called her, his daughter.

“She’s not your daughter, you sick piece of sh!t.” Justin snarled. I could see one of them was about to start throwing punches, and I needed to be the median.

“Scarlet, beautiful, go grab a change of clothes for tomorrow, and something to wear tonight, and everything that’s important you would need tonight, I’m taking you to my house, and we’ll be back tomorrow to get everything else.” I whispered in her ear. She nodded, and quickly went upstairs.

“You’re the one who isn’t suitable to be around my baby girl you sick bastard.” Justin said. That’s when I stepped in. Just in time to block Justin from a punch. I shook it off real quickly feeling anger boiling up inside of me.

“I just called the police, Justin. Get ready to go to jail.” I heard Linda say. Oh, no, no, no. This can’t happen. Scarlet would hate me if I let her dad go to jail a week before I leave for Afghan. I did the only thing I knew how to do. Give orders.

“You.” I pointed my finger directly in Clint’s face. “Go sit your f*cking @$$ down, until the police get her.” I said sternly, and professionally as I could.

“You have no right to tell me what to do, boy.” I got in Clint’s face, looking him directly in eye, trying so hard not to lose it, and me being the one who goes to jail tonight for murder.

“I f*cking said, SIT DOWN B!TCH! That’s an order!” I yelled. He backed away from me, and went to sit next to Linda on the sofa. Once he was completely still I calmed down a little, but still held my guard.

“Justin, go help Scarlet pack. You’re not going to jail tonight.”

_____________________________________

Scarlet’s P.O.V

I hurried up to my bedroom like Ajay told me to do, and shut the door, and cried. How could this be happening? I can’t believe Ajay is here, he always seems to save me from every trouble I have, big or small he’s always there for me.

“Sit down b!tch.” I heard Ajay. Alarmed, I hurried to my closet, and grabbed my overnight bag, and picked out a few pair of pants and shirts just incase we didn’t get to come back for them.

I heard my door open, and I jumped and turned around to just see my dad walk in, and my body relaxed. I ran over and collapsed in his arms. He wrapped his arms around me, and held me tight.

“Daddy?”

“Yes daughter?”

“How did things get so messed up?”

“I don’t even know daughter. Let’s get you packed up, alright.”

“Okay.” We started to pack all of my things. We were about half way through when we heard a knock on the front door. My dad looked at me with sorrow in his eyes, and I was scared. We both knew what was about to happen, and it was breaking my heart. My dad would be going to jail because of my mom and I would have to stay here with her and her piece of sh!t husband.

My dad put his arm around my shoulder, and we walked down stairs. I knew this was the last time I would see my dad for a while, because I know my mom will make up this bull sh!t story about him breaking in, and hitting her or something like that. We walked down stairs, and seen the police officer.

“There he is officer. He’s the one who broke in, and hit me, and tried to take my daughter away.” My mom lied to the officers face.

“Sir, I’m going to have to ask to put your hands behind your back.” The tears were threatening to come out, but I wouldn’t let it happen. Why am I letting this happening? I know the f*cking truth.

“No.” I turned over and looked at Ajay. I couldn’t believe what he just said. “He didn’t do sh!t.” He said so calmly.

“And who are you?”

“I’m Sergeant Ajay Harrison, sir, and I’m telling you that this man didn’t do anything. He’s just trying to get his daughter into a safer environment, and she is eighteen sir.”

“What is going on here?” The officer asked confused.

“And this man tried to take advantage of my daughter.” My mom said again.

“Shut up, mom. He wouldn’t do that to anybody, and we know it.” I pointed to my dad.

“He hit me, when he tried to punch Justin here a few times.” Ajay said, and turned his head to show his red, and starting to bruise face. My mom started to look guilty and we all knew it. The officer walked closer to Ajay to get a better look at his face, and nodded his head.

“Thank you sergeant.” The officer said, and shook Ajay’s hand. Then turned to face my mother and her thing. “Sir, I need you to put your hands behind your back. Anything you say and do will be held against you in the court of law.”

I looked over at Ajay, and he became my hero. He made eye contact with me, and I mouthed the words ‘I love you.’

(A/N)

I Know it's short I'm sorry. I just wanted to get something up and I didn't know how to really end it after this.