Chapter 2

Mother's POV

As I gracefully walked in, ready to take my everyday dose of the kid. I saw that he was asleep. Erghhh, what a waste of space. Why am I even keeping him here? I should just kill him already, Saves us both time. 

I noticed the photo album on the ground that was placed onto the desk, probably about a few days ago after the scene, I'm guessing the content fell to the ground.

I was fascinated by the photo album, I never keep them because there's nothing worth remembering in my life.

I only keep the kid around with me because he brings familiar sparks back into my life, His face, I can recognise him somewhere but I can't pin point who he is. It's infuriating.

Carefully, opening the huge photo album, I was greeted with pictures between me and the child. The only difference was that he was alot younger and at the back of each photo there was writing, almost like a diary entry but in a letter format. It was also my handwriting so was it my diary? 

*Sigh* Only one way to find out. Nervously I fiddled with the picture, trying to slip it out so I can read the writing more clearly. It read:

September 3rd 2009 

Dear Future me

It's been a month since I've adopted Graham, The poor kid, He lost his parents at a very young age however no one knows the reason behind it. That reminds me, I should really find out.  

I'm writing this diary entry because the doctors said I have Alzheimer's disease so in a couple years my disease will become very severe so I'm writing this diary entry so you can remember all the happy memories you experienced. 

Here is Graham in his uniform, on his first day oh high school. He was so worried that he peed his pants whilst eating his porridge. Haha, he was so embarrassed that he ran upstairs crying. 

The photo album was filled with photos and on the back of each and every single one of them was a diary entry.

I read each and every one of them, I was getting more and more emotional after each one.  

Graham is my son?

I suffer from memory loss? 

That's impossible, no way. 

My memory is impeccable, I can still remember what I had for breakfast this morning! Greek yogurt with blueberries. 

When was the last time I even went to the doctors? 

I ran hurriedly upstairs, charging into my luxurious room. I pulled out my Samsung Galaxy S4 and went into my notes section. Scrolling down all the notes, I quickly clicked on the right one and called my doctor so I could arrange an appointment. 

I arranged one in an hours time so I had enough time to drive there since the area I live in is quite confidential. 

Quickly walking into the doctors, ignoring the knee-deep snow and the trail of snow I was leaving behind with every step I took because I didn't shake off the snow from my knee-high boots.  

Patients looked at me with disgust and started whispering to each other about my careless actions. How dare they. 

"Shut up, all of you!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. 

My body was shaking, I need to relax, It could all just be a lie. I could have just wanted to prank myself and give myself a fright.  

I walked up to the lady at the desk and gave her my details as he told me in a monotone voice to take a seat as he was busy stacking files.

I took my seat on the comfy cushioned chair, most likely for old patients that need back support so need to be comfortable as possible. I impatiently tapped my foot on the floor. Desperately waiting for the doctor to call me. I took a quick glance at the clock and noticed that I've been sat here for a minute. Why isn't the doctor calling me already?

As I waited and waited and every minute seemed to be more agonizing and I became less patient after each minute.

I was finally called in, I bolted straight into the room and said the usual greetings to the doctor, He was awfully cheery for the cold weather.

"Isabelle, its been 4 years since you've last scheduled an appointment with me, I thought you switched doctors after I bluntly told you the news which would be understandable, I should have been more considerate, how have you been?"  

What news? Why is he talking like this? 

It can't be... 

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Please comment and vote if you liked it. I want to know your thoughts/ opinions.