||Chapter 1||

"Mom, are we there yet? This is taking forever," Minhyung, also known as Mark, sighs for the nth time that day.

There were many reasons why Mark hated the idea of sitting in the backseat of a car with two seven year olds and a three year old toddler on his lap. It seriously annoyed him how they were all jumpy and hyperactive during the whole ride and he can't do anything about it because his mom was watching them from the driver's seat. He might consider throwing them out the window but he can't because his mother would kill him if he does.

"We're almost there, honey. Could you and your brothers wait a bit more? I know you're all hungry but don't worry, I'll order take-out as soon as we get there, okay?" His mother states as she makes a turn. His brothers started going crazy after hearing what their mother said and Mark had to cover his ears immediately because of the sudden pitch of voices beside him.

Minhyung was happy. Not about the situation he was in right now, but the fact that the small family had decided to finally move. Their old house wasn't actually in good condition and neither was their neighborhood, in the first place. The location of their old flat wasn't at all the nicest place to be and heck, it was probably the worst part of Seoul.

Mark swore that he'll never forget that place. Why would he, when it was where he grew up. And he was even almost certain that he'll be traumatized for the rest of his life because of that incident where he ran into a gang fight just a few blocks from his home. There was a high possibility that he'd get involved in it and the good thing is that, he didn't. Mark wasn't actually very fond of raising his fist and hitting someone's face. Fighting physically is a sin, as his mother always say. Anyone can even tell from his looks that he isn't one who'll most likely get into a fight. Everyone knows that he's one of those typical nerds, though he thinks of himself differently. He thinks he's cool with his round glasses and unstylish clothes. He even made his own nickname ( Mark ). But nontheless, some people still find him attractive.

"We're here, kids!" His mother shrieked in delight as she stops the car infront of a house. The other two boys beside him quickly jumped out of the car and ran to the house before Mark can even stand up from his seat. He gets startled once his mother opens the door beside him, taking Jisung from his arms who was now giggling cutely.

"Gets the bags in the trunk for me, honey. I'm sure I only brought two of them," Mark nods and walks to the back to get the bags from the trunk. With a bit difficulty, he manages to carry the bags to the lawn. She was right, there were only two of them. But it sure was heavy.

He stops there for a bit and puts the bags down, deciding to examine the new house he was going to move into.
Mark was in awe. The house infront of him was truly beautiful. It was plain, but it's still beautiful. The sun even made the cream color of the walls stand out. The door and the windows were painted in brown and the whole house looks like it can fit three small families. Now he's getting all excited to see the interior of it.

He grabs the bags and follows them inside. In the living room, the other boys suprisingly sat still on the sofa while their mother was nowhere to be seen. He settles the bags down, his eyes drifting to study everything around him. It looks nice and comfy, he thinks to himself. It's like every single furniture was newly bought and he feels like he shouldn't even touch them.

"Mom, where'd you get the money to buy this all?" He says, once his mother comes down from the stairs, Jisung in her arms.

"Well, your father actually bought this long time ago. And I only found out when his lawyer came to our house. Isn't it amazing?" His mother smiles genuinely, thinking about his husband who had passed away. She was thankful that his husband had left something for the family and that her sons seemed satisfied. "Now why don't you go and pick your room?"

"Me?" Mark looks at her confusedly. Her mother rarely lets him pick first because his brothers are greedy little kids who want everything for themselves. Mark has no problem with that at all, since his brothers truly need more attention than him. A seventeen year old was capable of taking care of himself anyway. "You mean, I get to pick my room first?"

"Ofcourse, honey. Your brothers were just waiting for you to do so."

"More like, forcefully making us wait," Little Jaemin mutters and Mrs. Lee pretends she didn't hear.

"Okay then, I guess I'll go now,"

Mark plods his way up the stairs, carefully walking through the bags in the hallway. His mother probably brought the bags there first. He recognizes a few of his bags there as well.

Once he reaches the second floor, he spots five, big doors to his left and two more of them to his right. All of them look similar to each other. Mark sighs, the hallway was too long and he was too lazy to go through every single door so he decides to pick randomly. He goes for the one at the end of the hall to his left, eventually.

The room he was in, was nice and pretty big. The walls were covered in cream paint, just like the walls from the outside of the house. The room would be totally empty if it weren't for the huge bed, study table and the brown-colored curtains that were covering an extremely large window. He wasn't sure if it was really a window though. Everything totally suits his liking. The bed was already made as well. Immediately jumping on it, he also notices a walk-in closet and another door next to it. Probably the bathroom.

He was almost ready to close his eyes and let sleep take over him when he hears loud steps coming from the outside of his doors. He rolls his eyes and sits up. You can never stop kids from getting too excited, huh.

He gets startled for the second time that day when Jaemin and Chenle burst through the door, looking joyful as ever.

"Woah, hyung! Your room's the best one! It even has a balcony!" Chenle says before running to the balcony that Mark thought was a window, Jaemin trailing behind him. Mark sat there, a bit surprised. That was a balcony?

"Hyung, come here!" He hears his brothers say and he complies. He walks through the curtains and sees a balcony which is exactly like his, across from his own. The curtains were open, thus enabling them to see the room of the neighbor.

"Kids, are you here? Oh-" They turned around when they hear their mother's voice. Mrs. Lee looks at the open balcony behind the boys before shifting her gaze to her sons. She smiled, "Where you three spying on our neighbors? Looking for hot chicks perhaps?"

"No, mom we're not," Mark immediately pushed them all inside his room, making sure the curtains were closed.

"You weren't? Well too bad, their daughter is really pretty!" His mom squeals and Mark heaves out a sigh. His mother was truly childish at all times.

"We weren't. You know I have no interest in relationships and dating or cheesy stuff like that."

"Hmm.. okay then. Maybe we should work on some glass, sliding doors here at the balcony. It'd be chilly at night." His mom states, changing the subject and Mark simply nods.

"Anyway, let's go eat downstairs. The neighbors brought us some food to eat." Then the family goes downstairs to eat the food that the neighbors gave, the chinese take-out completely forgotten.