4: "I see why you sedated her."

"What did you do to her?" a voice questioned, pulling me from my induced slumber. "I thought I made it clear that we had a no abduction policy. She was supposed to come willingly. Explain your reasoning for breaking the direct orders I gave you, both of you, right this second!" The angry male voice yelled as I stirred from my sleep. I tried to get a bearing on my senses and my location, but the sedation was having a bad effect on me. My vision was blurry and I didn't feel as if I was in full control of my body as it jerked and tensed uncontrollably. I felt as if my limbs weren't attached when I attempted to move because they reacted so late. They either moved without warning, or reacted late there was no middle ground.

"She was becoming hysterical, sir. She saw that it wasn't Damon's car and started to panic. It only got worse once we were in the car, she isn't the biggest fan of them since the crash in the first place, but having her thrown into one wasn't the best idea," a familiar voice said matter-of-factly.

I forced my eyes to shut tighter before I blinked repeatedly in an attempt to clear my vision. The fog started to clear as I was thrown into a world of blinding light pouring through my eyelashes. I blinked a few more times as I stretched to wake myself up and reconnect my limbs to my motions. The room slowly came into view as the image became one instead of doubling everything in my line of sight. I sat up slowly to control the pounding in my head a little better, but it didn't work. My head pounded harder in protest and the room started to spin rapidly as I moved. I braced myself against the wall so that I could see where I was and determine what the yelling was about.

As the room finally started to slow, I could see that there were three people across the room from me, but I couldn't see their faces clearly to understand who they were. I glanced around the room to notice I was on a couch near the exit in a big office. There were three long rectangular tables near me that were in the shape of a horseshoe and a large desk placed at the open end of the horseshoe. That's where the three people were arguing about me, a fair distance away from me, and they were so immersed in their argument that they hadn't noticed I woke up.

When the room stopped spinning, the light stopped hurting my eyes, and I decided to sneak out of the room. I got up slowly, to prevent the reactivation of the spinning, double vision or blurry vision. With light footsteps on the balls of my feet I was able to slip out of the slightly ajar doorway with ease. I didn't even have to open it due to my small frame managing to slide right through. I was home free until I heard a male voice behind me say, "I don't care how it looked! Your orders where to bring her here willingly. What's going to happen when she wakes up?"

There was a moment of silence on the other side of the door that had me panicking. They had probably seen that I wasn't in the room anymore and were soon going to be after me. Fear ran cold in my veins, and when I heard their footsteps running toward the door, I sprinted. I didn't want to be caught again, and I had to avoid it until I figured out where I was. It couldn't have been Mark and Damon that brought me here, they wouldn't have shoved me in a car and sedated me. Would they? Although when I turned a corner and got my answer.

"Sara, what are you doing?" Damon asked as he suddenly appeared in front of me. His eyebrow was lifted curiously as he looked me over, but he looked calm whereas I was anything but. I had tried to make sense of Damon kidnapping me, but I couldn't. It didn't make any sense, he knew that he could have just asked me to go with him. He didn't have to sedate me. I didn't know what to think, and the only thing I knew for sure is that I had to get away from him until I figured it out.

"N-n-nothing," I stuttered as I backed up a few steps, until ran into someone standing close behind me. I turned around to see Mark with an annoyed grimace on his face. I let out an awkward chuckle as I tried to back away from him, but he grabbed me by the arm to hold me in place. I was out numbered, and suddenly uncomfortable with people I considered to be my friends.