•Chapter 13•

The car that I drove, was parked on the side of the building. After days of lonely and silent nights, they finally confirmed that the Joker was found, and had escaped. It was none of my business to know what it was all about, and where J had escaped to, but I assumed it was somewhere to deal with something. It was 6am on a Friday, the last day of the week to deal with consecutive hours on school campus to take the test in Science. During those hours, I had walked through crowded hallways, stairs that made people trip and fall, lockers slamming shut, and a bunch of drama; I'd gotten my test over with, exiting the building with my bag over my shoulder. My hands opened the driver's seat, entering the car and revved up the engine, driving down the roads to the city to spend my night walking around. The ride was long and smooth, cloudy skies were layered everywhere, and heavy rain fell down; the lightning had lit up the skies, and every so often thunder was heard into the distance. I love rainy nights in the city.
I drove up the ramp and into the parking lot, and parked my car there, where I had gotten out of the vehicle and opened the back trunk, taking out a sniper and headed up the stairs, only hearing my footsteps loudly echo through. My foot stomped aggressively onto the locked door as it broke open, continuing my path to the edge of the building, laying a mat onto the ledge and slowly rolled it down, bringing out and setting the gun down into its rightful position. "Another night, for the team." I spoke softly and looked through the optics lens, blinking once before my vision was set and focused on a shadowed man in the distance. The lightning lit up the sky during that time and only a split second of the man was shown, having ripped and blood splatters over this man's coat. I blinked again, focusing as I pulled the trigger, where a bullet was shot but missed, hitting the window below and glass shattered and tumbled down the 10 story building. "Son of a bitch, get it together Sylvia." I paced back a bit before returning to the gun, the man was nowhere in sight. A jump scare shot through me when I felt hands placed onto my waist.
   "Eyes on the target, Sylvia." I turned my head around and fell to the floor. "J?" My eyes widened to the open cut on the man's arm, before blackening out.

***A/N: this chapter is short and crappy but I'll make another long chapter soon, really rushing it here I apologize!!!***