Chapter 1: Count Me In On Heaven

It was something I never had pictured. His eyes spilled before mine, and the drag on his lips proved his discomfort. It was dark and well. . . to be honest kind of foggy.  I've had a headache for the last few days, but it is probably just the constant chit chat of my own self interest. Believe me; I love to talk. That night though I had stayed fairly quite. I looked up at him as he leaned forward to meet my gaze. I was comfortable to my surprise in the car. It was probably because he was there. I had my head on his lap and grabbed his hand tight. " Keegan. . . Can I ask you something?" His eyes squinted and he let out a tear. Refusing to wipe his eyes he answered. " Anything."                                                                                                                                                                                 " Why are you crying?" I felt him choke on his words.                                                                                           " I just don't know what I'd do without you." His voice was low and serious. At that moment I focused on his eyes. Those deep brown eyes and took in his articulate thoughts. " Tell me your feeling better?", he rushed. " Do you still have a headache? Nauseous?" He was worried; I could tell. It pained me in those minutes to debate whether or not to tell him the truth and have him be destroyed or to let him think I was okay and watch his smile spark up again.  I looked out the window and watched as cars passed. I still felt him looking at me; wanting to know my answer. " I can't do this anymore! Whatever I say. . . PROMISE me you won't cry." He looked concerned and remained silent. " I feel like it is getting worse. My head keeps turning and I can't seem to get it to stop, but I'll be fine. Don't you worry."                                                                                                                        At that moment I hoped my words convinced him to remain calm. He must have seen through my eyes though; I was not really all that okay. His face looked as if he may have seen a dead rat. He let out a cry; soft, but loud enough for me to realize I had to pull him in closer. I held him there for what felt like eternity. " Listen to me. No matter what happens just know I will always love you and I will NEVER stop loving you" My face got serious. Almost like what your mother does  when she means business. Well I did. The last few months he had given me life. The helpless piece of shit I was was fixed by him. I felt beautiful for once. Everyday with him was another day that I can look in the mirror and skip the hours of altercation that I would have done years before, and his hands. My god those hands squeezed me back together in the moments I was REALLY falling apart. He cared for me. I cared for him. " Will you meet me up in heaven?" I said.                                                                                                                                                                      " Of course." he smiled. Then under his breath while remaining that smile " Believe me I'd meet you soon after."