BETRAYAL

The Year: 1987

Charles "Money Man" Seabrook's stood hunched over bobbing his head while moving side to side with a slow bop listening to the classic rap melody:

'Thinking of a master plan...

'Cause ain't nothing but sweat inside my hand....'

A cigarette dangled loosely from his lips. He exhaled a cloud of smoke through his flared nostrils. He chopped his ill-gotten gain with the precision of an eagle swooping down on its unsuspecting prey. The broken, pearly white chunks were then weighed carefully on the triple beam scale.

As the sounds of Rakim's Paid in Full bellowed from the boom box, the small, cramped kitchen showed signs of a mad scientist at work. Contents of Arm & Hammer baking soda spilled from boxes scattered about the soiled countertops. Pyrex bowls laced with the pearly white residue filled the sink along with food stained dishes. Money spilled out of a duffel bag stuff with cash that hung from a chair positioned at the table. A menacing black Uzi nine millimeter sat perched atop the microwave prepared for imminent war. The kitchen table was covered with an assortment of plastic baggies filled with quarters, halves and ounces of the pearly white chunks. Amid the chaos and clutter, thirty-six thousand dollars' worth of crack cocaine lie in wait to be distributed amongst those living on the fringes of life.

Precious sashayed into the kitchen with the sophistication of a ghetto queen. Petite in stature, she stood just above five feet tall with slightly bowed legs. Her auburn colored hair complimented her light brown eyes. With a smooth caramel complexion and a voluptuous 36-¬24¬-36 figure, she was the epitome of a dope man's prized possession.

Gold bamboo earrings dangled from her ears. Her neck was laced with an over¬sized gold rope chain. The yellow biking shorts hugged her hips and thighs as if they were sewn onto her body. She stood in the doorway way smiling with a seductive lust etched in her eyes. Money Man could not help but notice the two-inch thigh gap separated by her firm inner thighs that gave a clear view of her lovely crotch. Her toned stomach, curvaceous hips along with a luscious physique filled Money Man's mind with searing and tantalizing desire.

"Damn baby! It's been two hours and you still bagging coke and shit?" she complained as she moved over towards him wrapping her arms around his waist from behind. Deciding to take a much needed break, Money Man turned his body around and planted a deep kiss on her lips.

"You know I do square business, Ma. I'm not going to give a nigga a gram more than he pays for. But I'm not going to short a nigga, either. This shit got to be weighed right: thirty six G's for thirty six OZ's," he said smiling.

Money Man hunkered down in a chair then pulled Precious down onto his lap. As she straddled him, he stared into her eyes and spoke in the most sincere tone he could muster.

"Listen Baby girl. It's time for us to get up out of these projects. I done got my weight up. I'm sitting on a quarter million dollars. The streets are watching.

"Money Man reached into the dingy duffle bag and grabbed one of the few stacks of money still held together by a rubber band. "Take this stack. I want you to get with my cousin Stephanie—she's a realtor. She'll help you find a crib in one of those upscale gated communities. I want our son to grow up and be proud of where we live. Plus, I want to us to live somewhere we can lay our heads in peace."

Without hesitation, Precious accepted the bundle of money. The money represented much more than the material possessions they were able to afford. To her, it proved that Money Man was willing to put his life on the line to provide for his loved ones. Turned on, her hands began a slow dance as she slid them down his well chiseled chest, past his abdomen, until she reached his manhood. Eagerly, she freed it from his jeans and caressed it with her well-manicured hands. She felt his nature rising and could not resist letting him know there were no bounds to the love and lust she felt for him at that very moment. "Baby, you just made me the happiest woman in the projects." Unable to hold back any longer, Money Man stuck his hand between Precious' thighs and fondled her love nest which was bulging, throbbing, and piping hot with passion.