Story Time

Have you ever been read a bedtime story? A story about a mythical creature with incredible abilities and powerful connections to the earth? A creature so luring, just their scent alone is inviting but their thirst is killer?

How about a creature that takes an animal form and bows to the moon?

Maybe you've wonder if such creatures exist among civilization. If they too want to live a normal life from the one their born into to. Maybe you're just right. Or maybe they don't exist at all and this is just something to scare you into eating your veggies and brush your teeth.

Hah.. if only.

My name is Veronica Paterson, well that's my human name...my real name is hard to pronounce and is said in a different language, but that's besides the point you can call me Ronnie if you so desire.

I'm what you'd call a witch, sure it can be called that but call an old fashioned Wicken that and she may set fire to you and watch you burn. Without remorse. I've come to terms a long time ago that humans can be quite.... ignorant at times and being called witch doesn't affect me anymore.

However the correct term is Wicken. We are healers and protectors. I can't turn your ex boyfriend into a cockroach but I can heal the sick. Well can't is a word at large. I'm capable of doing so but I won't. It's not of our people. We heal and we nurture. We can connect with the Earth and salvage it's beauty.

Being a Wicken, we all have a ritual to go through when we turn 21. It determines whether you stay a Wicken or your true nature takes over and you become a cold blooded killer. Incapable of love, of passion of mercy.

And in less than 8 months my fate will be determined for me. Mother says if I lay low and avoid chaos, I might survive the ritual. But tomorrow is my first day of college so fingers crossed hoping I won't have to drop a bitch before lunch.

That was a joke. Maybe...

I should get some sleep. Wouldn't want to be late to school.