#2

'So class, today I have an interesting assignment for you.!' my art teacher clapped. She seemed pretty excited.
"you all are going to make cards!"
The whole class sighed.
"not today, Mrs. Hall! I've got some really great ideas for the pixel art projects you told last week!" someone said.
"yeah Mrs Hall, that was is THE best assignment you ever gave us!"
"shush you all. You're not making just ANY card for a random person saying 'happy birthday ' or that sort of thing this card is special... " she trailed off as a far away look covered her face
"how's that? " someone asked
"well, you see,  the cards you will be making are going to be sent to the soldiers, so, you must make your best effort to make the best card for the men and women who protect our country to make them feel good and to express your feelings towards them, that you are thankful for the service they do to keep us safe. They deserve it."
I could feel her emotions towards this assignment because her dad was in the army and so was her husband. It had an even greater impact on me, because my grandad had been in the army. Guess that's where this spirit came from.
"oh" there was a low murmer among all the students.
"now, off to work you go!" Mrs Hall chimed in. We all set fevershly to work, putting in our best effort to make the best 'thank you' card to give to all those who serve our country day and night without fail. As we were working, the bell for the next class rang.
'shit.' everyone said. I knew they wanted to finish the assignment in that lesson.
'alright class, I'll take your cards the next lesson we have in this week." Mrs Hall clapped. We all got up and left the class. The entire day I was thinking up ideas as to what should I draw and what should I write. The moment I got home, inspiration struck. I set to work immediately, fearing that if I delay, the idea. May disappear. I spent a good three and a half hours cutting,  pasting,  coloring, painting, drawing and erasing. Finally the card was ready.
I sighed deeply and sank back in my chair. My hands ached, but it was worth the pain. Although we had 5 days to finish the assignment, I couldn't wait any longer. The next day I found Mrs. Hall and gave her my masterpiece.
"wow. " she stared wide eyed at the card for several moments and then said,
"my dear,  you're getting an A+ and that is final."
"woah. Thanks Mrs hall" and I walked away smiling and surprised. My friends asked me what had I done to deserve THAT. no one had got an A+ from Mrs Hall before. The highest grade anyone ever got was a B+ or A. But never an A+.
"well, I'm afraid that'll remain a mystery"
The days passed and there was another art lesson. My teacher started collecting everyone's cards. They were to be sent the other day. They were sent, and received, and read. At the end of the day I had the satisfaction of making someone happy.