chapter four

"Are you sure this party isn't going to be a waste of time?" I asked Dinah, doing my makeup in front of my dresser.

"Girl, you know we're only going to this party so you finally have a chance to step your game up to Y/N." Dinah replied, adjusting her heels. "What happened to the flirty Camila from high school?"

"But she's not like the people from high school, Dinah!" I exclaimed. "She's different. You'll know it when you meet her."

Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door. I went to go open it up, and there she was. She was wearing a baby blue button up shirt and a pair of well-fitting slacks. Her black converse stood out from her palm trees socks.

"I didn't know there was an elevator, so I walked up a bunch of stairs." She flashed a smile. I laughed as she came in.

"How was work today?" I asked.

"It was a lot busier than usual." Y/N replied. "I don't know what happened. For some reason, it was like packed when I left."

"Maybe the public is coming to their senses." I offered. "Maybe they're starting to realize how awesome of a place it is."

Throughout the week, I visited Y/N at work every day. I came in and browsed, although my main intention was going to talk to her. She loved the shop so much, and if she was passionate about it, I was passionate about it.

"Oh, you must be Y/N!" Dinah came in, shaking her hand. "I'm Dinah, Camila's roomie. She talks about you all the time."

"Dinah!" I exclaimed. "Go get your purse."

Dinah giggled, going to get her purse from the other room.

"So," Y/N began. "You talk about me?"

"That's classified information," I told her, coming over to adjust her collar. "Are you drinking tonight?"

"Probably not." Y/N confessed.

"If you're not drinking, I'm not drinking." I put my arm around her neck.

"Mila not drinking at a party?" Dinah came back in. "That's new."

"We'll still have fun, Dinah." I turned to Y/N, smiling. "Who's party is this again?"

"He's a rapper. You wouldn't know him." Dinah explained, grabbing her keys.

"Dinah works in the music industry." I told Y/N. "She's really good."

"Chancho, don't flatter me. You know I love it, though, so keep going." Dinah said.

"Chancho?" Y/N asked about the nickname.

"Oh! Story time." Dinah smiled. "When Camila and I were little, we used to make videos for this series we did called The Cheechee and Chancho Show. I was Cheechee- the star, the only fully-developed character. Chancho just rode on my success."

"If it makes you feel better, I haven't stopped." I joked.

"It's nice to know Camila has always been dramatic." Y/N teased, getting a laugh out of Dinah.

"I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship," Dinah confessed, locking the apartment door as we all exited. She tapped her phone and called an Uber.Y/N and I sat together on this big chair in the lobby, while Dinah stood up, looking outside for the Uber.

"So, Y/N, what are your intentions with my Camila?" Dinah asked, looking up from her phone. I turned to her, looking at how her face turned from calm to slightly nervous.

"I just like spending time with her." Y/N explained. "I think she's really smart and inquisitive and I want to get her to know better as long as she wants the same thing. And- um- she's really pretty."I blushed at this. Dinah put her phone down.