Chapter Seventeen

Ashton's P.O.V

I knew that the boy's and I had to go see Gloriana, she said that we had to the day they cane back. So in the morning when they woke up I told them that we needed to meet her, they were confused but said that it's fine and got done, leaving Luna with Pandora. Right now, we were on her doorstep, one of her helpers opened up for us and let us in, showing us to what was most probably Gloriana's built in library. Her helper knocked on the door and peeked her head in, "Mistress, Master Irwin, Master Hood, Master Clifford and Master Hemmings are here to see you," the helper said, I took a deep breath and grabbed Michael's hand along with Calum's, Calum took Luke's hand. "Send them in," came the response. "Just- please follow my actions, please loves," I said, looking at my three soulmates. They nodded and we walked into the room, I stood in front of Gloriana's arm chair, bowing slightly, "Miss Glass," she put down her book and stood up, "Master Irwin, how nice of you to drop by,"

I cleared my throat as she put he hand out, I took it and grazed my lips over her knuckles before she moved it to Michael, Luke and Calum. "If I'm correct your soulmates would like to know the story ?" She said. I nodded, "take a seat, can I offer you a drink ?" I shook my head, "no thank you, I'd like to leave the place unharmed-and well, alive," I said, sitting down in an arm chair across from her, Calum squeezed in beside me as Gloriana let out a light laugh and sat down again. "Alright," she said with a sigh. I wrapped my arm around Calum's waist, holding him close. "Master Irwin, your power is very... special, rare and not many people own that power. It was passed on to you from your late mother, she didn't ever use it, it used to drive her absolutely crazy when she did. It completely took over her, but since she could not control it well, it was taken away at the age of one hundred, two hundred years before she bore you. The council does not decide who gets this power, they cannot assign it to people like they can with everything else, I'm actually surprised that the rest of you did not get your powers yet, but I sense a werewolf in our presence-" Calum tensed up beside me, I kissed his temple. "It's okay, darling," I linked. "Okay," he whispered.

"Master, are you listening ?" She asked, looking at me intensely. I nodded, "yeah I am,"

"Good, so speak up, which one of you is a werewolf ?"

I looked over at Calum and his eyes were slowly turning golden, "Cal ?" He didn't reply, he growled, "she's going to attack," he said. And my fangs came out, it was almost on instinct. "Oh don't be silly, I wouldn't attack you," Gloriana said airily, standing up. "Calm down, would you ? You're not here so that I can hurt you," she said, Calum started breathing heavily and wheezing in my arms, "Ch-Chloe," he gasped out, clawing at my arms, trying to hang onto me. I stood up and scooped Calum up in my arms. I walked to the door but she flew right in front of me, stopping me from leaving, Calum touched my cheek and I looked down to see that he was breathing fine again. He kissed me softly before I put him down. He growled and turned into his wolf from within seconds. I turned around to see Michael and Luke standing in the corner of the room, their hands clasped together between them. I looked at Calum and at that second, he jumped onto Gloriana, throwing her to the floor. He didn't give any warning and snapped at her before biting her arm. She scratched at his fur, I could see her long nails digging into him but he just but harder, until her arm was hanging off her body, blood pouring out of it like a tap. I laughed and took out a thick stick of lead from my pocket, I held it with a cloth and stabbed her, right in the chest, watching as she turned grey. Calum growled at her dead body and trotted over to me, rubbing himself against me as he panted, "good boy," I cooed, stroking the fur on his head. Calum licked my cheek and I giggled, calling Michael and Luke over.

Michael curled into Calum's side while Luke came to me. "let's get outta here," but we were stopped yet again by one of Gloriana's helpers. "You cannot leave this house, lord Irwin," she said, showing her fangs and deep red eyes. "Oh are you sure ?" Michael spoke up from beside Calum who growled and snapped. "Go on, darling," I whispered, reaching over and placing my hand on Calum's back. Calum growled and launched forward, at the helper. He bit her shoulder, she screamed in pain and clawed at him but he didn't budge, just kept in biting until she too was laying dead on the floor just like her mistress. Calum shook himself off and spat out her blood on her body before walking back to us. He leaned over and kicked both Luke and Michael's cheeks before standing next to me, rubbing his side against mine. I scratched behind his ears, "we should leave now," he said, looking and me and whining. I nodded, "let's go,"