Chapter 30: For the First Time

Chapter 30:

"Breakfast is ready!" I call into the living room. It seems I'm always providing them with food. Whether it's a Starbucks run like yesterday morning or a full out buffet that I cooked today. Liam was kind enough to offer his help but he more got in the way so I sent him away.

I hear cheers coming from the other room as I see the boys race to get in. They seem extra excited now that we have a few days back at our--their flat. Brooklyn lazily stumbles down the stairs and sits at the table next to Harry.

"Thanks Mom." Harry jokes. It's almost true though I am like a tour mom to these idiots.

"Just shut up and eat Harry." I laugh.

After breakfast we all sit around the table and try to decide what to do today.

"Let's go to an aquarium." Harry suggests.

"Are you serious that's the worst idea yet!" Louis laughs.

"Well it's better than your idea! Who wants to bungee jump in the rain?!" Harry retorts.

Just as they are about to start a fight the doorbell rings through the house.

"I'll get it." I quickly stand up to get out of there.

Fixing my hair on my shoulders I pull open the gold doorknob. The second I do my eyes go wide and I'm too shocked to even speak. I just stand there with my mouth open.

"May we come in?" Kendra says in an annoyed tone.

I nod and take a step back to allow them in.

"Have a seat." I manage and they curtly nod at me before sitting, "Uh, are any of you thirsty or hungry?" I add, remembering what my mom taught me about hosting.

"I'll take a water with lemon. Make that three." She says gesturing to the woman and the man with her who I vaguely remember from their last visit.

"Thank you dear." The other woman adds while grabbing my arm gently. I smile weakly at her attempt to make me feel better.

"I'll be right back." I say and quickly walk back into the kitchen and dining room area.

I grab a lemon and slice it into wedges. Grabbing the nicest glasses I can find, I fill them with ice and filtered water then slide the slices onto the rim. I manage to dig out a silver platter and I shakily walk towards the living room with the tray.

As I walk by the table, Zayn notices me.

"Oh hey Rosie, who was it?" He says staring at the tray.

I place the tray on the table and run a nervous hand over my face. Picking it back up, I turn towards him.