'K' Not 'C' - Cherik AU One Shot

Erik's POV
It was Monday morning and Erik could not have been more annoyed. His alarm had somehow broken, (probably something to do with his mischievous son, Peter) and resulted in him getting woken up nearly an hour late.
Then Peter decided that just before he left for school was the best time to tell his dad that he was failing chemistry. Peter then proceed to calmly walk out the front door. Erik then proceeded to, not so calmly, throw a book at the window.
Next thing Erik knows, the toaster is steaming and he's burnt his toast (again) and they're probably going to have to get a new toaster at this rate.
When he's finally out the door, he realises he hasn't had his coffee this morning. This is one of the worst possible things that could possibly happen to a man like Erik Lehnsherr. People usually thought of Erik as blunt, graceless and uncivilised on a good day, he didn't want to imagine what people must think of him on bad days.
Deciding it would be best to risk being late to work rather than getting there on time and having to drink the crappy coffee from their machine, Erik took a stop off at his nearest coffee shop.

Charles' POV
Charles Xavier had been working in this coffee shop for less than four hours and he already loved it.
The people that came in were all so friendly and seemed to know each other. This was surprising as Charles knew this wasn't a small town. He thought it was jolly nice that people could all greet each other so pleasantly on a rainy Monday morning. Charles really rather admired that.
"Here you go, ma'm," he smiled, handing a young lady her tea.
"Thank you!" She sang cheerily before running out of the shop, clearly in a rush to get somewhere, if her brisk footsteps were anything to go on.
Charles smiled, greeted his next costumer, and carried on with his job.
About a half hour later, the shop had quietened down. Charles' good mood however, had certainly not hushed itself.
So when a very attractive man, drenched from the rain, entered the store, Charles didn't think twice before telling Sebastian, the other guy working the counter, that he had this one covered.
"Good morning, sir. What can I get you?"
"Just a regular coffee. None of that chocolatey, sprinkles shit."
This made Charles chuckle quietly. What an interesting character this man was. To anyone else he would have come off extremely rude, but Charles' sense of humour allowed him to witness the funny side of this behaviour.
The man quirked an eyebrow at Charles' reaction, however he couldn't resist a small smile. Charles noticed this and gave the man the biggest smile he could muster.
"Coming right up," Charles replied, writing the order down on a sticky note and giving it to Marley, who was working the coffee machine.
"Would you like a to-go cup, sir?" Charles asked.
"Yes. Yes, please."
Charles grabbed one of the cups off the stand next to him and one of the pens on the counter.
"What's your name?"
"Erik."
Charles smiled at the man again and wrote his name on the cup.
Charles passed the cup to Marley, who poured the fresh, heated coffee into it, before passing it back to Charles, who then proceeded to put the lid on top.
"Here you go," Charles smiled brightly, handing the cup to Erik. "Have a great day."
Charles expected Erik to thank him and then exit the shop, the same as any other customer. What Charles did not expect, was for Erik to stand there looking utterly shocked, mouth hanging over and eyes wide. Charles couldn't say it was an unattractive sight, personally he would have looked to have seen that expression on Erik's face in another situation. But in this situation, Charles felt somehow left out because he had no idea what the bloody hell was going on.
"My n-name," Erik stuttered. This frightened Charles. Erik did not seem like the kind of man to stutter.
"I'm sorry?" Charles inquired, feeling it was necessary for him to speak at this point.
"S-sorry, it's just... You actually spelt my name right! With an actual 'K' and not a 'C'! No one ever spells my name right."
Charles beamed at this. Actually fucking beamed. Erik made it sound like Charles had made his day and nothing could have made Charles' own day more than that.
Erik was laughing at this point and Charles couldn't help but join in. Erik then glanced down at his watch and panic took over his expression.
"Shit, shit, shit! I've got to get to work but... Well, thank you..."
Erik then paused. Charles was confused for a second or two before grasping what Erik meant.
"My names Charles!" He shouted as Erik ran out the door.
He popped his head back in. "Well, Charles, you better tell me when your break is so I can come back and buy you a drink and a muffin."