Thirty three

“How dare she threaten me!” I ranted as I paced in front of the twins and Alex, Britney was with Quintin.

“How did she find out, is all I want to know” Alex said.

“I told you she talked to our lawyer”

“Uh, Mac, he died three months ago, so she had to find out some other way” Nessa said and I froze.

“He’s dead?” I asked.

“Yeah”

“How?”

“Did she specifically say something, like how she knew he abused your mom or something?” Char asked.

“No, she just said he threatened us and that he went to jail and that I wouldn’t want him to find me” I shrugged.

“Okay that’s just a shot in the dark, I think she just said it to rile you up” Char said, Nessa nodded and Alex as checking her phone.

“Alex?”

“I, Googled the daily newspaper town and all the articles that was published about the Grey family. There’s only one and it’s about you and how unfortunate it is for you when you just recovered and then to see your dad go to jail” Alex said.

“That’s how she found out about my dad,
what else does it say about me?” I asked.

“It just says about the hospital and how it all happened, nothing about Logan, so she can’t figure that out” Alex informed us.

“Okay good, now I know she doesn’t know the entire story which is good” I sat down and Alex patted me on my thigh.

“Mac!” a male voice boomed across campus and I turned to see Deputy Miller walking towards us.

“Deputy Miller” I smiled and stood up.

“Mac call me Elliot, please” he smiled and I nodded.

“Sorry, it’s a habit”

“I know” he nodded.

“So what can I do for you?” I asked.

“Oh right, I’m here on Official Deputy duties, anyway I’m here to inform you that you can relax now, you’re dad broke his probation and his restraining order and is sent back to jail and this time for a very long time” he smiled.

“That’s great!” I smiled and he grinned.

“It is, that’s all I wanted to come and tell you” he smiled.

“Thank you, Elliot, especially for your support through all this” I grinned and gave
him a hug.

“It’s a pleasure Mac, now I have to go” he squeezed my hand and turned to leave but stopped.

“You don’t know where I can buy lilies, cream ones to be specific?” he asked and I nodded.

“On the Corner of Hilton Avenue, they specialize in the cream ones, why though?” I frowned.

“A colleague wants me to get him some, for a woman he’s dating” he shrugged.

“Oh” I chuckled and he nodded.

“Thanks, I’ll see you around?”

“Definitely, bye Elliot”

“Bye, Mac” he waved and walked off.

“You know if I wasn’t seeing Mark I’d totally go for him” Nessa broke the silence.

“Nessa you’d go for anything” Char chuckled.