Chapter Fifteen

I woke up the next morning with an absolutely banging headache and I couldn't remember a thing after twister. I had clothes on, which made me think 'this is a good sign'. I turned over to see that Gary wasn't there, I picked up my phone off the table it was 11, also noticed I had a message off Lauren:

Call me ASAP!x

What did she want now? I stood up and picked today's outfit from the wardrobe. I walked over to the door and noticed how sore I was all over. I went to the bathroom with no effort to put on much makeup apart from some foundation and mascara. It was quite painful to walk down the stairs if I'm honest. All the boys were awake and presumably Robbie and Gary were in the kitchen as they were the only two missing.

"Morning. I woke up last night, you and Gary sounded like you were having fun." Mark said to me. Shit. Everything came flooding back to me, after twister we all talked for a bit until all the boys fell asleep then me and Gary went to bed and shit, we had sex.

"Erm yeah, er sorry I need some air." I replied practically running for the door.

"Katie." Mark called after me as I closed the door. I jogged down the road to a little park, I sat down on the bench and got out my phone to call Lauren.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Erm, hi. Why did you want me to ring you?" I asked.

"I want to know what's happening between you and Gary, you're on front of just about every newspaper out here!" She practically screamed down the phone.

"Shit Lauren, I think I've messed up." I replied to her.

"What have you done now?" She asked, her voice hinted with curiosity and concern.

"We all got drunk last night, everyone of us. Everything was going fine, all the boys one by one fell asleep. That left only me and Gary. We went up to bed and well yeah, I'm sure you can guess what happened after that." I told her.

"Katie, please tell me you both just went to sleep." There she was again judging me when she doesn't know half the story.

"No Lauren we didn't, we didn't just go to sleep okay, we had sex. I've messed everything up, every single fucking thing." I shouted down the phone, lucky there was no one else in the park or there would be questions being asked.

"God sake, I thought you said you liked him back anyway?" She asked me.

"I do, I really do. But I don't know if I'm ready for all this, all this commitment, all the pressure from the media, the fans." I was doing well to hold back the tears.

"If you really, really like him then it should be easy, none of that should matter." She said to me.

"Yeah, that's what Jason said." I remembered back to our conversation yesterday.

"Right, I'm cutting this holiday short, you need me there, I'll see if there's any flights for Saturday, at least then I'll have had a weeks holiday." She couldn't do that just for me.

"Lauren, you don't nee-"

"Yes I do, that's finally okay? Right, bye. I'll talk to you later." She said first cutting me off then hanging up on me.

I sat on the bench for a bit, it was nice to be on my own, it feels like it had been for forever since I was alone, alone with myself, alone with my thoughts. I'd been gone for about half an hour even though it only felt like two minutes. I decided to head back, I know Gary, he's be worried about me, I walked slower than I did when I walked down, I didn't feel in so much of a rush anymore.

It didn't take me long to get there though, I walked down his big, big path, stood at the door for a second, took a deep breath and walked in.

"There she is." Jason stated.