The End Of A Life

"Anyway, let's look for Naegi-kun and the others"

Kyoko's POV

I wanted to see him one last time before..it happened...

A new killing game started, with the participants being all the leaders of the Future Foundation, apart from Togami-kun. He had other things to do, so he couldn't come to the meeting where they knocked us out and put us in a building underwater which looked identical to the original one.

"H-Him? I can't  see him helping much..." said Mitarai-kun, the 10th division leader.

I tried to hold my smile as I remembered of him.

"At first glance, he may seem that way. But when he needs to, he can be stronger than anyone. He's always optimistic. He always thinks about his friends and never gives up. Even if it means ignoring  his own needs. That's what makes me worry about him, but...that's why I believe in him."

I remembered Naegi-kun at our first killing game and looked down.

"Yes...Back then, it was only because he was there that I could..."

Suddenly, Mitarai-kun looked behind me. I turned around and saw Aoi-chan along with... Naegi-kun.

... ... ...Oh God... ... ...

She was smiling and Naegi-kun was blushing while looking away.

... ... ... ...

I tried to brush it off with a cough.

Makoto's POV

We went to the storage room to eat. We hadn't eaten for hours, because of this stupid killing game...

"So, Togami-kun is on his way?" Kirigiri-san asked after I had explained that we had managed to call him and get help.

"Yeah. Enough time's passed that he should be here any minute" 

I looked at Asahina-san with a worried look.

"Maybe something happened...If so, it might be my fault" I said when I remembered what my sister had told me.

 She, along with Fukawa-san had interrogated an obvious suspect, and she told them something important, before the suspect fled.

"What happened?" asked Kirigiri-san.

"They told me...that someone would die because of me..."

What I didn't say is that the person who is going to die is one of my fellow survivors of the first killing game at Hope's Peak Academy. And it was probably either Asahina-san or...Kirigiri-san...

"Seeing you act so weak is rare. Did  Vice-chairman Munakata tell you something?"

"Until now, I've always thought I could do something more. But... here, I'm helpless...Just like Munakata-san says, maybe my words have no power. But--"

"I don't think so"

I was suddenly paused by her voice and...her hand's touch...She had once told me that she would only take her gloves off for someone who she calls family...or maybe more...

I looked at her surprised.

"The power of the words you believed became everyone's hope, right? It became my hope. Have confidence in yourself. Isn't that little bit of optimism what's great about you? Hope is infectious. If your power isn't enough, we're here for you. Everyone is behind you"

Kirigiri-san...

Did I...really make her believe that?

Did I make the girl who is the best at hiding her emotions like this?