Chapter 1

For anyone who has read the prologue before 11/11/16 I have tweaked it a teensy bit just to let you know. It isn't a big change and it won't effect the rest of the story if you don't read the updated version. Thanks, love Jaz xx 

________________________________________________________________________________

I looked in the mirror of my small bedroom. My tanned face and chocolate brown eyes stared back at me. 

"Uniform, check, hair, check, teeth, check, face, check, bag, check. Well Summer, it's time a new year of torture," I sighed to myself. I swung my heavy blue schoolbag over my shoulder and closed my door behind me. 

"Mum! I'm going to school now!" I called as I grabbed an apple from the kitchen table.

"Bye, darling! Have a great day at school!" She kissed me on the cheek, "Say hello to everyone for me, will ya'?".

"Sure will mum, see you tonight!" I yelled as I ran out the front door and grabbed my bike from the shed. It was a silver mountain bike, mum and dad gave it to me last year for my 14th birthday. I loved the feeling of gliding through the crisp, cool air on a spring morning. Riding  was basically my only form of transport around town, other than walking. Mum and dad were always busy with work and the farm so I had to find my own way of getting around. 

I swerved my bike from the gravel driveway to the bike track. The beauty of the bush surrounded me as I took the lovely scenery in. I looked around at the colourful fauna; the vibrant orange Banksia, the yellow wattle and the dazzling red bottle-brush. 

* * *

"Hey, babe!" Called a voice behind me while I was putting my bike in the racks. 

"Hey Bec! How ya' goin'?" I yelled to her. I walked in over to her and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Great now that you're here! Ugh! I hate school! tell me again why we have to go?" Bec put my arm over her shoulder and we waltzed towards our homeroom. We ducked as a flying red object soared over our heads. 

"Heads!" Shouted one a tall aboriginal boy over on our right, who was quite the looker with his dark features and... he had great hair. 

"Watch what you're doin', Lenny!" We laughed. 

"Well, I was just admiring two sexy babes in front of me!" He replied and kicked the footy back to his mates. We laughed and turned around to see a bouncing blonde mop of hair racing at us. 

"Hey guys!" She screamed, opening her arms wide for a big hug as she reached Bec and I.

"Tammy!" We screamed as we hugged each other tightly. 

"When did you get back?" I asked as wee released each other. Tammy had gone to Bali for the last two weeks of the summer holidays after winning one of those family-trips-to-any-city-of your-choice from the West Australian, you know, the competitions that no-one ever wins, and what do you know? Someone actually won it! 

Tammy, Bec and I have been inseparable since we were in nappies. Our parents were best mates and we were too. Their families were basically mine too and we knew all of each other's secrets. You could say we were the most popular girls at Tyron District High School, thats mostly because there was hardly any competition to begin with. 

We headed to homeroom, the colourful art classroom, decorated with abstract scribbles drawn by the year ones. All the boys sat on the tables shouting and throwing scrunched up pieces of paper at each other. The girls sat in the corners of the room, either whispering, giggling or attempting to flirt to the nearby boys who weren't even paying attention to begin with. This place was a war zone!

"Good morning kids! Welcome to your first day of year 10!" Called a shrill voice from the front of the class. We turned around to face our homeroom teacher, Miss Tova, the school art teacher. She was actually really nice, but she could be a bit airy-fairy at times, you know, not all there. She wore a long maxi skirt that engulfed her small figure into little turquoise, diamond patterns and a black singlet. 

"So how was all of your holidays?" She chirped. There were a few mumbles around the room as Miss Tova looked around, expecting answers. Soon she gave up and returned to her laptop to finish the roll. 

"Maddy Neelly, Jace Bion, Darcy Batt..." 

Tammy, Bec and I returned to our conversation as we walked to our period 1 class when a giant, hairy arm draped over my shoulders'. 

"Hey Babe" said a deep voice next to my ear. I whipped my head around to catch a look at the creep. Riley Forbes. The school's resident creep. To be honest he wasn't really a bad boy, he was a bit of a suck-up and completely obsessed with me for some reason. 

"What do you want Riley?".

"You of course, Babe" He whispered in my ear. 

"Get you hands off me!" I yelled at him, clearly getting creeped out. He continued to wrap his arms around my waist and it was very uncomfortable. 

"Get off me! Get off me now!" I screamed. Tammy and Bec were constantly yelling at him and trying to rip his arms off me, but he was just to big and strong compared to their small figures. Suddenly darkness overcame us as the group watching us increased. Their excited voices became overpowering along with the strong scent of guy-deoderent from the creep on top of me. Suddenly, the voices around us dimmed. 

"Riley! You'd better get off her now!"

__________________

Sorry that I haven't updated in ages, I'm going to try and get into the habit of it now. Love Jaz xx 

Song of the Chapter: Don't By Ed Sheeran