Chapter 1: You're The Light at the End of My Tunnel

Your P.O.V

All I can see is darkness, as my mind slips in and out of subconsciousness. Memories of the concert whirl around my mind. I catch glimpses of words and sounds that bounce around the room. There's a sever throbbing sensation at the back of my head, making my brain feel like its going to explode.

"She seems to be making great progress, (Y/N) should wake very soon, the stitches on her forehead are healing well, and the bruising on her back is going down", I hear an unfamiliar voice say.

I partially open one eye and squint around the room. All I can see is a white ceiling, with peeling paint and spots of damp here and there. I try to speak, but all that comes out of my mouth is a low gurgle. I hear the booming of footsteps as I attempt to lift up my head. But I am not successful, as I am still not fully awake.

"Don't worry sweetheart, you just relax and stay just as you are, it will take a couple of minutes until you are able to move certain parts of your body, as they are still asleep. You will feel a slight pain in your head and back, but that's nothing to worry about it'll be gone in a day or two," a friendly looking lady, who looks to be in her early forties, leans over across my bed.

She has strawberry blond hair that is pulled back into a tight bun, though a few curls have escaped, and are tucked behind her ears. Her eyes are a pale blue, with hints of green scattered around her iris. Other then a few laugh lines, her face seems to be wrinkle free. She gives me a warm smile, she must be the nurse.

I try to nod my head, but my neck is too stiff, so it just looks like my head is lolling to one side.

A tall, broad, dark skinned man, comes over and whispers something into the nurses ear, she nods in agreement and hurries out of the room. The man, who I assume is the doctor, comes over beside my bed and asks me, "Would you like if Nancy brought in your parents?"

I managed to lift up my arm, and give him a small thumbs up.  A minute or two later my parents rush in. My mothers curly brown hair is all over the place and the black mascara streaks on her cheeks, show that she's been crying. Mum's wearing an over sized wool grey cardigan, with a colourful floral top, charcoal grey jeans and sparkly black sandals. While my father's wearing a dark green jumper, dark blue trousers and black boater shoes. His black hair is streaked with grey and he has large bags under his eyes.

They run over to my side and tightly wrap their arms around me. I groan in pain, and they quickly let go of me. My mother plants a large kiss on my forehead, and wipes away some tears, that have formed in the corners of her eyes.

"Oh, (Y/N), I'm so glad that you're awake, your father and I were so worried!" My mother exclaims.

"But, don't you worry, I never lost faith in you, cause you're a fighter," my father gives my arm a playful punch.

"(Y/N), is still recovering, she needs her rest," the doctor adds.

My parents nod simultaneously, and my father rushes into conversation with the doctor, about medicine and procedures, while my mother sits by my side holding my hand.

After a while my eye lids start to become heavy, and I find myself falling into deep slumber.

James' P.O.V

A smiley nurse, named Nancy, shows me to the ward she's being cared for in. I push open the door and my gut twists as I see her lying still in her bed. Her long (optional) silky (H/C) hair is strew across her pillow, her long eyelashes brush her angular cheek bones. Her large red lips are parted slightly, giving her a pouting look. Her fair (optional) skin is clear and excluding the stitches, is almost flawless, other then a few golden freckles here and there (optional). She's beautiful.