SIX

CHAPTER SIX: NIGHTMARE.

"You aren't deranged like
me."

;

My mom stood there, a devilish grin framing her face — The way she looked at me and how she held her hand out to reach for me resulted frightening. She no longer looked sick, as if she had been reborn into a completely different person. Thinking that she had found a way into the fountain of youth would be an understatement; Her brunette hair fell down her shoulders effortlessly and the dream would of been nice if it weren't for something. She was drenched in blood, and the moonstone necklace—That i now owned—Hanged from her neck as if it had never been taken away in the first place, and it glowed like it had millions of small diamonds embedded in it.

"The Curse."

She muttered softly, that was the only thing i could make up out of all the small whispers that came from her mouth – Her devilish grin never fading away, I didn't reach out for her hand. I was frightened and I felt goosebumps forming on my arms and legs before I snapped out of the dream breathing heavily, my heart beat accelerated almost throbbing out of it's place.

I turned around to grab my phone to check the time. 5:00 am.

I couldn't sleep, the never ending repetition on my head was awfully consuming me. Seeing my mother like that–Even if it was a dream–Had been traumatizing, and I was sure I wasn't going to get anywhere near that moonstone necklace any time soon.

I saw how the darkness faded away and at the same time how the sunlight slowly took over the sky.The purple bags around my eyes where now even more noticeable, I was sure Mason wouldn't let that pass even if I made my best try at covering them, which I wasn't going to do due to my lack of experience with makeup.

While i waited for the sun to come up I sat on my bed laying my back on the headboard of the bed, I remember looking at the nothingness just staring blankly at the small bookshelf.

The only reasonably thing to think was that my internet search had been much more exhaustive and frightening that I intended it to be and it was causing the freaky nightmares.

But why would i dream about my mother with the moonstone necklace shining and her saying those words. I shouldn't be frightened about a nightmare, but there was a feeling that I couldn't quite grasp on that told me that I should be taking things more seriously.

And then there was my mind telling me to think more coherently and leave it as it was, a nightmare and just that. By the time I decided to listen to my brain and not just a hunch the clock had changed to 7:00 am. My normal self had regained control of my body and walked through the room doing the stuff that my blank self wouldn't do.

"I could call you sleepyhead if you actually slept you know." Mason said as I grabbed a bite of my french toast, he grabbed the knife and carefully cut the egg in a half, I shrugged not wanting to talk about the nightmare. "Is your bed uncomfortable?." He asked somewhat worried, he stared at me like my mother did whenever my grades went down.

I shook my head before taking a sip of the, now, cold coffee.

"The bed is fine." I said loud and clear. "I think i'm the problem, maybe I haven't really gotten used to the new town and stuff."