Ramona and Alex {HP}

I sat at a lone table in the back of the quiet school library, the flickering beam of a slow-dying candle the only light to inhabit the cocoon of still darkness surrounding my little workspace. Some might say the silent blackness intimidated them or put them on edge, but it had been my only companion far too often for me to be afraid of it. I found it peaceful, the resolute absence of light everywhere but my textbook, blocking out all distractions and forcing me to focus on one, and only one, thing at a time. When I'm reading or studying in the dark, often  I tend to actually block out my surroundings, a skill I acquired back in first year when every little noise or imagined flash of light would cause my heart to pound like mad. With that said, you could imagine how it scared the living daylights out of me when a light suddenly came on to my right, blinding me as I turned my head towards it in surprise. Startled and lacking sight, I instinctively reached for my wand, but somehow ended up sliding out of my chair and landing roughly on my back. Blinking wearily, I squinted up to see a short, blonde-haired boy holding back laughter, his hazel eyes wide. Held loosely in his left hand was a wand emitting a bright silvery light from its tip.
      "Alex?" I questioned, still a bit shocked and, I must admit, embarrassed. "What are you doing here? It's hours past curfew, for Merlin's sake!"
      "I could ask you the same, Ramona!" His voice was shaky but indignant. "But, er, I thought I might bring you some tea," Suddenly looking bashful, he held out a mug filled with still-steaming liquid that smelled of chamomile and peppermint. "I mean, if you're going to be here as long as you usually are—"
      "What do you mean, 'as long as I usually am?'" I demanded. "How do you know I come here at night?"
      His cheeks reddened deeper, if it was even possible. "I was, er, looking for... someone... in the Ravenclaw Commons and, uh, this red-haired girl told me? I forget her name..."
      "Eliza?" I groaned inwardly. "I told her not to—" I was going to say that she has only found out because I had caught her snogging her boyfriend, Aaron Blakes, in between shelves late one night in October. However, that thought was erased from my head as something clicked.
      "Looking for... someone?" I asked, stuttering. I don't want to sound full of myself, but I wasn't... stupid. And I was a bit of a romantic, after all.
      He looked into my green eyes with his hazel ones, and something like an understanding passed between us.
      "Y-you," he whispered, his ears crimson.
      I usually did my best thinking in the dark, but now my mind was slow and sluggish. All I could register was a boy. A short, blonde-haired, Hufflepuff boy standing in front of me, evidently beginning to feel the shadow of awkwardness emanating out of my silence.
      "So, um," he said, breaking the silence. "I'm gonna... head back to the Hufflepuff Commons, then?" When I failed to produce an answer, he set the tea down on the table and turned to walk away.
      "I'll go with you!" I said a little too eagerly before he turned the corner to exit the library. He turned, startled but with a pleased look in his face.
      "I just have to uh, gather my things," I said, motioning loosely to the pile of parchment and textbooks on the desk.
      "Oh, oh, I'll get it," he said hurriedly, scurrying back to the desk and grabbing the pile of schoolwork.
"Wow," he grunted. "This is... heavier than me expected.
I let out a giggle despite myself and grabbed the top half of the tower of parchment and books to lighten his load.
And off we went.

Hello my moons, it is I, Mille!!
I know this is not the best one-shot, but hopefully they will be getting better from here.
Goodbai,
-Mille 💛